Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Welcome @Joespedals good to have you!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279

Okay, I've put this off too long. Been here 10 months now. I'll answer the questions as if it was May last year :)

Q1: My nickname from a band about 10 years ago. My real names Rob and it's a Star Wars reference.

Q2: UK, Derby to be precise.

Q3: To be better at playing guitar than I am now.

Q4: My Telecaster. Just a plain old '97 US Standard but it just works.

Q5: Riff Raff AC/DC

• thefeelgoodbandthefeelgoodband Frets: 0
    edited February 2016
    Q1. The name of my band. It's not a tribute it's a homage to the Wilko era Dr Feelgood 

Q2. St Albans 

Q3. Just to enjoy 

Q4. A Rickenbacker 4001 1978 bass which I have owned since new, though no longer play bass. It's too heavy anyway :-) 

Q5. Come Together The Beatles
  • Hi Guys....

Q1:  Where did your username come from? Short for "Killing Joke 1974"

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Adelaide, Australia

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To leave the music industry with my sanity.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Systech model 7012 Voltage Controlled Flanger

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Hawkwind's "Motorway City" (which includes one of Huw Lloyd-Langton's best solos...)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?
    An amalgum of Ever (Ready batteries) and Turle (Wax) car polish. Old git status.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?
    How about... what planet :) Beds, UK.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?
    To find the courage to move an audience greater then 19 people :)

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?
    My Martin HD28.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?
    Summer Breeze, Isley Brothers, for the pure joy of it, then the guitar solo at the end.
  • And now a real hello:

I'm Mike. Lost my partner of 16 years, Maria, Xmas before last to cancer; watched her die in my home after 18 months of support and gently withering hope. Downside: she was my best friend, companion and lover; upside: I can buy guitars without losing hearing in my left ear from verbal grief. And I can rinse my heart to her.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My name is Johnny. I was born when Elvis was in Germany serving his country - raised on Radio Luxembourg and British blues in the 1960's :)

Q1:  Where did you username come from?
    My first name and the first letter of my last

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?
    Denmark

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?
    None apart from having fun with some like minded people.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?
    I  think it could be my Epiphone Les Paul Standard 1959 (the anniversary model from 2009).
    If you ask my wife it is my Palmer Attenuator and certainly not my Fender Blues Deluxe :D

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?
    Could be "Since I've been Loving You" by Led Zeppelin but the list is too long to single one track out!

I don't like "Just one" questions, but at leas they stop me from babbling all day long :)

Johnny
  • xsheqxsheq Frets: 71
    edited February 2016
    Q1: Part of my name (Asheq)
    Q2: Sometimes London, and other times, Rutland.
    Q3:  I don't have any.
    Q4:  My first ever Strat, probably.
    Q5:  Depends how drunk I am.
  • q1 - skyway bmx bikes of the 80's

q2 - York

q3 - have lots of ace gear and enjoy playing with mates

q4 - 1972 Gibson 335 in walnut with a maestro

q5 - today it's Elmore James - The Sky Is Crying  

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?

My lack of imagination

Tyne and Makemsville

To outlive Jason Donavan

1954 Kay Swingmaster bass / Godin 5th avenue

Aww man!.........er........Jeff Beck cause we ended as lovers.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi folks,

I think minions are cool....what a coincidence I'm named after one !

St Albans, England.

To do some home recording and get beyond I, IV, V.

For now, a newly acquired PRS....OK so it's an SE Custom, but it's nice and shiny and red !

Today its Comfortably Numb.

• Hello people! 

My username is the first track on one of my favourite records - Radiator by SFA, Its also a pun on a sub culture of young men in the late 80's who went from football hooliganism to rave kids - known as 'acid casuals'.  Its also a mind set, lifestyle choice and a load of pertinacious b*llocks. 

I am in Wrexham. North Wales. 

My musical ambition is to one day record the sounds I hear in my mind! 

My best bit of gear would have to be my adidas originals black and gold tweed gazelles 

As for favourite track -well my favourite record is Screamadelica but that ain't too guitarcentric so to give me cred here I'll go for Maggott Brian 

I am 32, a social worker, i am in an 8 piece gigging ska band, but love to record  my own strange and psychedelic music at home. Love my football, boxing, books and betting. 
  • Hello folks - long time lurker (came across from the MR forum BOO!!) thought it was probably time to introduce myself.

Being a highly creative and imaginative individual my username is....erm.... my name

Chelmsford, Essex UK

To actually put to good use all the musical stuff I seem to have accumulated over the last 30+ years

My Les Paul. Bought by me for my 40th birthday just over 11 years ago. I tried other guitars (PRS mainly) but I thought if I don't buy a Les Paul I'll regret it. It still makes me grin when I open the case.

This is difficult - I think it's 'Wheels of Confusion' by Black Sabbath. Vol.4 had just come out and my mates older brother put it on one day whilst I was around. I had never heard anything like it - still sounds great now!
  • everwax said:
    And now a real hello:

I'm Mike. Lost my partner of 16 years, Maria, Xmas before last to cancer; watched her die in my home after 18 months of support and gently withering hope. Downside: she was my best friend, companion and lover; upside: I can buy guitars without losing hearing in my left ear from verbal grief. And I can rinse my heart to her.
    Gosh @everwax . Welcome to the forum.  :)>-
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • 1. My username is the name of my custom guitar building company - RSM Custom Guitars 2. I am based in Hertford 3. My main ambition is to have as many people as passionate about playing and owning RSM Custom guitars as I am making them! 4. Any of my RSM Millo Signature models! 5. Midnight - Hendrix Please check out my work at www.rsmcustomguitars.com
  • 1. My username is the name of my custom guitar building company - RSM Custom Guitars 2. I am based in Hertford 3. My main ambition is to have as many people as passionate about playing and owning RSM Custom guitars as I am making them! 4. Any of my RSM Millo Signature models! 5. Midnight - Hendrix Please check out my work at www.rsmcustomguitars.com

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y513/phlplls/Mobile Uploads/2016-02/E524F060-C3E5-4142-BB37-3F394341A295.png_zpspjxguaw2.jpeg Ooh, suits you sir :) @RSM_Custom_Guitars.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • 1. My username is as unimaginative as it looks. My name is Scott and .... well you get the picture :)

2. I'm up in Glasgow.

3. Ambition ... to record a full album.

4. It's a close call between my gold 2000 LP Classic and 1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster.

5. Tough call ..... but I'll settle on Like a Hurricane - Neil Young as a likely answer.
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? My parents.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Daventry, UK.

Just to keep on getting better, and make people smile.

Hmm, best?  Oldest, loudest, easiest to play?  So I will go with most loved, my 1963 Hofner Senator Bass.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Well this is of course a moveable feast but this one combines a great singer and great songwriting so "Oubliette from Lonely Robot - Please Come Home"  the great Kim Seviour and John Mitchell.  And next week it will be something possibly from Lifesigns.
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? My being a lefty guitarist and being quite proud of the fact.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? The not so United Kingdom, West Midlands

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To be able to create music with others and/or to continue doing what I enjoy for as long as possible (play guitar, ofc)

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My trusty Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR S, would've preferred it without Sustainiac, as it's awful in my opinion.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Deep Purple - Burn, but that's a very tough question to answer, especially as I was inspired initially by Hendrix.