I Saw The Stones Tonight

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• @Caffeine_Vampire agreed on Ron’s Les Paul. That was my main revelation seeing them in Abu Dhabi around 2014. That whole show was great, but the sound of that guitar on You Can’t Always Get.. was just incredible. 
    Very Cream era Clapton I thunk.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3330
    Ive just been searching for the Hyde park footage from 2013 where Keith starts Start me up in completely the wrong key, yet theres no trace of it anymore.  
    Yea I was there and I noticed that. Absolutely happened. 
    All the footage now cuts away from him and the audio changes for the few bars. It was hilariously cringy, because weve all been there. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6830
    There’s some dubious timing and a lot of turning away from the cameras during the set, hope he’s not getting assistance, but sometimes it’s difficult to tell.

https://youtu.be/W4rWrwRkNig

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27021
    edited June 2022
    mrkb said:
    There’s some dubious timing and a lot of turning away from the cameras during the set, hope he’s not getting assistance, but sometimes it’s difficult to tell.

https://youtu.be/W4rWrwRkNig

That sounds bloody good to me. 

They've been prancing and paying little attention to cameras since the 80s, so I don't read anything into that. I'm 3 songs in and nothing looks wrong. It's not like the parts are complicated (which I mean in a good way!)

I must also say while I miss Charlie Watts, they sound bloody good with Steve Jordan; he's laying well back but there's just a little more punch. He must be having a blast  
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4263
    I don’t think Keith has been actually playing for years.

Evidence seems quite clear really. He is playing Tele’s with 6 saddles, and the tone sounds good, and obviously this is completely impossible.

There must be a guy behind the curtain rocking 3 brass saddles, or everything we thought we knew is wrong guys….
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited June 2022
    Some of the best gigs I've.been to have been ones where, although the bands were past their best from a technical standpoint, the songs are so well known that the crowd participation and general atmosphere carries the gig. You watch them back on YT and they're mediocre performances, but to be there in person soaking up the atmosphere...that's what it's all about. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom