Share your Groovebox / Electronic Creations

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
in Making Music tFB Trader
Inspired by @dindude recent Circuit Tracks creation

I know quite a few people on here have a bunch of Synths, Grooveboxes, modular kit. 

Show is what you've been making with your hardware out of the box.

I'll go first:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I created a thread about making an album and whilst the intention was for it to be heavily guitar driven, at the moment it seems to be more influenced with synths and electronic music.

I've finally got around to getting some guitar work in there, but this is one of the more electronic ones.........

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Mainly used an mpc live, but also Cubase,  can't stand the vocals lol I just took them from a sample site, but they did the job at the time, the last 30 seconds is the best ha 

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    Awesome work chaps, glad there are few more folks doing electronic bits.
    Def need to be more lol, the thing I have always struggled with is incorporating guitar or real bass into anything electronic, I def need to get past that,    
    Def need to be more lol, the thing I have always struggled with is incorporating guitar or real bass into anything electronic, I def need to get past that,    
    I find it quite hard. My starting point has been to think about songs as if they're composed by an 80s rock band that has both guitar and synth players. So both parts combine as part of the rhythm with a guitar solo thrown in for good measure. on the odd occasion.

I'm hoping that once I've got a few sounds and settings that work in this style, it will give me a bit more confidence to make guitar just another instrument in an electronic song rather than its being predominantly a guitar track with synth chords backing it up.

Ambient guitar is probably the easiest way for me to start bringing more guitar into electronic songs. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I find it quite hard. My starting point has been to think about songs as if they're composed by an 80s rock band that has both guitar and synth players. So both parts combine as part of the rhythm with a guitar solo thrown in for good measure. on the odd occasion.

I'm hoping that once I've got a few sounds and settings that work in this style, it will give me a bit more confidence to make guitar just another instrument in an electronic song rather than its being predominantly a guitar track with synth chords backing it up.

Ambient guitar is probably the easiest way for me to start bringing more guitar into electronic songs. 

That's really interesting

My observation from your track is that it definitely sounds like a rock / pop song using electronic instruments rather than a house / techno / breakbeat type track. 

A few electronic musicians who use a lot of guitars would be: Tycho, Benn Jordan (The Flashbulb), London Grammar (They are also more conventionally song based).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That's really interesting

My observation from your track is that it definitely sounds like a rock / pop song using electronic instruments rather than a house / techno / breakbeat type track. 

A few electronic musicians who use a lot of guitars would be: Tycho, Benn Jordan (The Flashbulb), London Grammar (They are also more conventionally song based).
    I tend to make music that has a melody since that's the sort of thing I naturally navigate towards. Some electronic music is really clever in terms of the soundscapes and compositional elements, but doesn't really go anywhere for me. I never was into the club scene so some of the harder electronic music associated with that experience passed me  by and doesn't have much relevance to me. Its not bad music and I totally understand why people like it. Its just not for me.

I know London Grammar, but will check out those others you mentioned.

I also currently don't have the vocal element to my songs which can be a blessing or a curse!!
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    I have been following this thread for a while, not knowing if the latest thing I have done would fit in. It is a kind of electro thing with guitars which does tick the box of the last few posts:

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @IMC1980 - that's a proper quality song. I really like the whole thing. Vocals are great and the incorporation of guitars works really well.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    @IMC1980 - that's a proper quality song. I really like the whole thing. Vocals are great and the incorporation of guitars works really well.
    Thanks mate, it was a break from what I usually do. The lyrics are by a guy I collaborate with from the US, he also co-produced. I did the vocals and music and recorded, mixed etc. Predominantly Slate Digital's ANA synth on the track with Cakewalk's SI Strings on the break. Guitars were a mix of HX Stomp (chorus) and Helix Native (verse).
    IMC1980 said:
    I have been following this thread for a while, not knowing if the latest thing I have done would fit in. It is a kind of electro thing with guitars which does tick the box of the last few posts:

That's really good! 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Some good and creative stuff here.

Nice one chaps
    This song was originally inspired by watching my son, who utterly idolises his older sister, having to get used to her choosing other friends over him in some situations when it came to playing games or just spending social time. Its still hard for him, (he's only 5), but that journey has started and he'll find it easier as he gets older. They still spend more than enough quality time together.

It then morphed a bit into a reflective tune about how we all lose friends or family as we move through life, or perhaps when relationships end. I struggled a bit with the tune until I added the vocal samples, which took a lot of manipulation to suit the vibe I was going for.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2022
    Another one written about my love of mogul skiing. Its quite hard to put this into music so I leaned a little into the idea of what would be a good soundtrack to a video of me skiing the bumps. 

• SporkySporky Frets: 28348
    I did this ages ago. I was seeing how little I could do to make something I liked, and I think I ended up with just eight patterns, two instruments (harp and NSKit7) and too much DBlue Glitch.

Mesons Are Both Strange And Charming

http://monkeyfx.co.uk/music/mabsac.mp3
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    good thread!
    I listen to electronic stuff most of the time really, and most of the stuff I try to create is electronic. Here's a couple of things:

I think most of this has been posted in other threads a while ago, but anyway:

and some other electronic stuff I did a few years ago

and one from quite a while ago, when I was messing about with film audio samples

tFB Trader
    Great work @Snap ;

It's good to know I'm not the only one who dabbles in the electronic dark side :)
    thanks mate. 
    I'm doing another electronic thing for the latest composition thread, but it's more cinematic in vibe, rather than say EDM or similar.

• my latest bit of throw-away fuckaroundary