Share your Groovebox / Electronic Creations

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    @Monquixote - there's some nice synths and bass in that. I like it

indeed there are, nice.
    Must have a look at Elektronauts, sounds reet up me alley.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    Snap said:
    @Monquixote - there's some nice synths and bass in that. I like it

indeed there are, nice.
    Must have a look at Elektronauts, sounds reet up me alley.

It's nominally an Elektron fan page, but though I own a Model Cycles I hardly use it. 

It has some great challenges mostly sampling based, but a few synthy things as well. 

It's got the best vibe of any forum I've been on.
    tFB Trader
    I'm learning Diva at the moment.

This is the first track I've ever done where I've done all the sound design myself from scratch.

• Gotten back into messing around with Koala. I bring you... lo-fi doo wop vibes? A happy accident

Totally bonkers but quite entertaining- I’ve had a couple of goes with koala but the workflow doesn’t ooerr flow for me somehow 
  • Snap said:
    Managed to get second place in the Elektronauts hip hop competition with this number: 

Now this is cool. Like it a lot. Great mix/master too, sounds v good, open and punchy, and balanced. You should see if you can find any music by a chap called Waiwan - did a couple of good albums way back, similar style

Thanks, I should add it's made entirely from samples from Alien other than the drum one shots.
    Very good
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Liked it

• Gotten back into messing around with Koala. I bring you... lo-fi doo wop vibes? A happy accident

Totally bonkers but quite entertaining- I’ve had a couple of goes with koala but the workflow doesn’t ooerr flow for me somehow 
    Oh, that's just nuts. Totally mad. But its really bought a smile to my face. I'd never be able to compose anything like that, its so left field for me. But that's the absolute brilliance of it
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    edited February 6
    Here's one that I started about a year ago and then just left as other ideas came along. Went back to it and finally finished it off.

The name comes from Erin listening to the main melody and making up a word with the same rhythm. As good an approach as any for naming tracks I suppose!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

This is the first track I've ever done where I've done all the sound design myself from scratch.

this reminds me a little of Tangerine Dream in parts, nice sound design going on, and another good master, especially on the kick
    Here's one that I started about a year ago and then just left as other ideas came along. Went back to it and finally finished it off.

The name comes from Erin listening to the main melody and making up a word with the same rhythm. As good an approach as any for naming tracks I suppose!!

Nice stuff. I love rhythmic synths so this is up my street
    Not had time to do much recording at the moment, but I did manage to do this one, well,....I remixed and remastered at least. I did this track ages ago for a mate's 40th birthday. I quite like it. If I remember right, there is no midi in it at all, it was all played in and recorded through audio.

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Snap said:
    Not had time to do much recording at the moment, but I did manage to do this one, well,....I remixed and remastered at least. I did this track ages ago for a mate's 40th birthday. I quite like it. If I remember right, there is no midi in it at all, it was all played in and recorded through audio.

That's very cool. A great mix of sounds and instruments.
    @hubobulous ;
    cheers mate, thanks for listening.

edited February 9 tFB Trader
    Snap said:

this reminds me a little of Tangerine Dream in parts, nice sound design going on, and another good master, especially on the kick

Thanks chap, I'm learning all the time.

I've had a bit of a break from it, but I've been enjoying playing around on the iPad making some tracks.

I got the tip of using the Kick II plugin from watching a video about Ben Boehmer it sounds absolutely flipping massive so that's a top tip.
    tFB Trader
    @snap @hubobulous ;

Really great work on both of those tracks. 
    Love coming back to this thread and seeing what you guys have come up with.

@hubobulous ;
    I thought that was a really slick sounding mix, very nice progression

@snap
    Really enjoyed the vibe of that it reminds me of all the old school stuff I used to love like Bomb the Bass and MARS.

@snap
    Really enjoyed the vibe of that it reminds me of all the old school stuff I used to love like Bomb the Bass and MARS.
    nice. The track is about 10 years old now, and I think I was after a Death In Vegas sort of vibe, so yeah, v much that sort of thing was in mind. 
    The mate who I did it for is about to turn 50 so I reckon I will have to do another age themed one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom