SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD! L/H Blueridge BR371 Historic Series Parlour - all solid, 00-size, 48mm nut

GTCGTC Frets: 266
edited November 2022 in LH Guitars £
For sale is a nearly new left-handed Blueridge BR-371 - top of the range of its sought-after historic parlour series. Sold spruce top, solid rosewood back and sides, ebony fretboard - wide 48mm nut width, 630 mm scale length, beautifully built with a very high spec. With the slotted headstock, it is reminiscent of the Martin V series - with quality, tone and playability to at least match.

As far as I am aware, left-handed models were never made. This one has been converted to a left-hander by ace Somerset luthier Alan Miller - including the bridge saddle angle for correct intonation for left-handed stringing. Changing the strings round otherwise has absolutely no impact on the tone or structure of the guitar.

I rather rashly bought it for a special project just a few months ago from Hobgoblin Music. The project never materialised and, as I almost predominately play nylon-strung guitars nowadays, I am selling it. It has hardly been played and is in as new condition

I'm asking just £650 for it. Cost new before conversion was well over £1000.

The guitar can be collected from Somerset (I'm an easy 5 mins from M5 J23) or I will post at cost given the necessary reassurances.

A couple of photos are included below. If you have any questions then please message me. Please note - the sale does not include a case.

imageimage
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Is the guitar still available.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GTCGTC Frets: 266
    Yes it is - I only put it up here yesterday. 
  • Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Your message didn't come through to my emails. Just found it on here. Very interested in the guitar. I'm up the M5 from you in Gloucestershire. Would it be possible to meet somewhere about halfway to collect. Probably not good idea to courier this guitar. 
    Regards
    Paul
    Please see private message
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    That is one sweet bit of wood. I love these little quality parlour guitars.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    equalsql said:
    That is one sweet bit of wood. I love these little quality parlour guitars.
    Thanks. It's an exceptional guitar - better than any Martin I've played (I've previously had and sold a 000-28 lefty)
  • WistmanWistman Frets: 17
    Lovely guitar! Good luck with the sale! If only it was a dread or jumbo I'd snap it up :)
    Now listed on eBay - along with a lattice-braced concert classical