;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Mellish said:
    Language Timothy!

;) 
    ??
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3707
    bertie said:
    im waiting for a maker to do an OM with a concave  back for me belly,  for sitting and picking  ;) 
    You could get an Ovation apply a hot air gun to the back and then press against said belly and you have a unique custom fitted guitar. 

Wrinkles and all :lol:
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3707
    bertie said:
    im waiting for a maker to do an OM with a concave  back for me belly,  for sitting and picking  ;) 
    You could get an Ovation apply a hot air gun to the back and then press against said belly and you have a unique custom fitted guitar. 

Wrinkles and all :lol:
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    edited July 2022
    @bertie ; - often said by Timothy Lumsden's dad to him in the sitcom "Sorry!", often unnecessarily  
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited July 2022
    Mellish said:
    @bertie ; - often said by Timothy Lumsden's dad to him in the sitcom "Sorry!", often unnecessarily  
    well yes Im aware of its origin, just not sure why you posted  s   
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    edited July 2022
    Misplaced humour

One too many belts of 1:51 proof rum. =) 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WistmanWistman Frets: 17
    Mellish said:
    Misplaced humour

One too many belts of 1:51 proof rum. =) 

Ah yes, rum... guaranteed to make you feel like you can sing, play and joke better =) :#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Having just purchased one, I can strongly recommend the Larrivee D-02. It is very well made, sounds fantastic, and does eveything a Martin D-18 will do at half the cost. Best of all, it does not trade on the fact that it's head office is American, only to have the instruments actually manufactured in China. They were founded in Canada approximately 50 years ago, and now have manufacturing plants in Canada and California. The best value in acoustic guitars available today!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12399
    You should send @gtc a PM. He's had a few Right handed acoustics converted to right handed guitars and he's been pleased with the results.

That could potentially open up your search a little.
    He should ask for his money back if he is paying to covert right handed to right handed. : )
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GTCGTC Frets: 266
    munckee said:
    You should send @gtc a PM. He's had a few Right handed acoustics converted to right handed guitars and he's been pleased with the results.

That could potentially open up your search a little.
    He should ask for his money back if he is paying to covert right handed to right handed. : )
    I think we all knew what he meant .....

However I should point out that I have converted a right handed guitar back to a right handed guitar on several occasions. If I buy a right-handed potential left-handed conversion, I always change round the strings to left-handed just to try it out and check I like it first, before doing anything major to it (e.g. changing nut and saddle, adding fretboard side markers and, if necessary, changin gthe saddle slot angle in the bridge). If I decide it is not for me then I will sell it on after changing it back to right handed.

So I am sort of getting my money back - or, at least, most of it. On rare occasions I might even make a small profit.

I have yet to come across any right-handed acoustic guitar (steel or nylon strung) that has had a detrimental impact on tone by changing the strings round to left-handed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5480
    I seem to be about to make a small profit on my left-handed to ... um ... back to left-handed conversion.