That guitarist in Roxy Music

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1866
    HAL9000 said:
    viz said:
    Same with musicians; any good guitarist - also any orchestra player, pianist, jazzer, whatever - will tell you they all can’t stand music.
    Glad I’m rubbish then ;-)  I do think though that I listen to music ‘differently’ than a non musician. Doesn’t stop me enjoying music though. I’m sure that an artist will look at works of art differently - probably more analytically- than a non artist. I bet that they still enjoy art though.
    I'm not good enough to distinguish myself as a musician therefore I do still enjoy music. I have found that learning new chords,techniques etc does give you more appreciation for genres you've not considered before though. In my case anyhow.
    I often wonder how an obsessive like Rick Beato copes when he's able to dissect almost everything? I mean I'm not sure I'd enjoy music as much if I know almost all of it's 'secrets.'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4929
    801 Live ain't bad.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5053
    edited April 20
    Many years ago a pal of mine was in the lift in Simpsons of Piccadilly when in walked Phil Manzanera.
    ’Hi Phil’ said my pal.
    ’Hi fan’ said Phil, quick as a flash! 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1860
    When I was in uni in the early 70s my milkman also delivered to Phil Manzanera's mum.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1866
    Brio said:
    When I was in uni in the early 70s my milkman also delivered to Phil Manzanera's mum.

That could be interpreted in a number of different ways.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • distresseddistressed Frets: 534
    Phil’s playing on the song Third Uncle on Eno’s Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy is like noise rock before noise rock even existed. 

Killer guitar on Chance Meeting