Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Chatty audience

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• mrkb said:
    merlin said:
    I was doing a trio gig with a bassist and a pianist once. Someone answered their phone and said loudly and very audibly "I can't talk now I'm at a gig". 

I immediately turned the words of the tune we were playing and sang

"he can't talk now he's at a fucking gig, 
    he's at a fucking gig, 
    he's at a fucking gig, 
    he can't talk now he's at a fucking gig,
    and he can shove his fucking phone up his arse". 

Audience went ballistic, guy bought me a pint, I got more hugs and hand-shakes off audience members after that gig than ever before or since. 

Swearing on stage is a massive no no. 
    Agreed - Dave Grohl didnt get where he is today by swearing onstage.....

45 seconds onward....

True. It was DESPITE swearing onstage. (I don't like to hear it, myself, nor do it when I'm up there - although I do swear more than I should in real life). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think that depends on the gig, and the individual audience make up.
    If the audience are all wearing individual make up, you're at a Juggalos convention and your problems have only just started. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • khaotickhaotic Frets: 109
    Not quite the same, but I saw Al Murray last weekend, and he had a problem with some nob who insisted (after an earlier warning) on filming the show. AM responded by very subtly influencing the punter to put his camera away. I think his interaction was something along the lines of "You've been asked not to fucking film, I'm up her trying to put on a fucking show and you're shining a blinding light at me... either put it away or you'll be thrown out, for fuck's sake. Fucking wanker!".  There were probably a couple more expletives involved.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 4on64on6 Frets: 86
    edited September 2022
    Haven’t been for a while but Ronnies and the Vortex (2 jazz clubs in London) used to have a pretty strict no talking during the performance rule (which I was always pleased about cos I was there purely to listen most of the time) also I used to work at the Barbican Centre where it was considered part of my duty to ask people to be quiet at classical concerts if necessary and the vast majority of the audience understood …. but I wouldn’t expect the ignorant riff raff to be quiet down at the local Dog and Duck after 15 pints and a bit of nose candy…that’s why I play obnoxiously loud in those places to drown them out. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom