Guitar & Bass Pickup Routing Templates

What's Hot

Comments

• SimoSimo Frets: 44
    TTony said:
    Great to see this sort of thing available in the UK now, at sensible prices.

Where were you before I got my own CNC??
    ;)

Saving up for a laser cutter =)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Now available: 5 string Jazz bass bridge and neck pickup templates (£12 each). Also available with both routes on a single template, with a choice of '60s or '70s spacing (£18).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2022
    As well as 5 string Jazz pickup templates, Filtertron and '51 P-Bass templates are also now available.

edited December 2022
    Jazzmaster pickup templates now available (photo to follow shortly) - £12

Christmas: All orders placed before midday on Sunday will be cut and posted on Monday. I'll then be taking a week off, until Tuesday 27th.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7050
    tFB Trader
    Do you have a Fender Jaguar pickup template?
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    I realise that your primary products are pickup routing shapes, but have you done/are you planning to do other luthiery-related templates? I am thinking specifically about arching templates for, say, a Les Paul or an acoustic archtop?

Cheers,
    Adam
    Kalimna said:
    I realise that your primary products are pickup routing shapes, but have you done/are you planning to do other luthiery-related templates? I am thinking specifically about arching templates for, say, a Les Paul or an acoustic archtop?

Cheers,
    Adam

Complete guitar template sets aren't in my immediate plans, but they are a possibility in the future. My only issue is that the bed of my laser isn't quite long enough for a full size neck.. so it would either involve me outsourcing the neck templates, or using some sort of dovetail joint to attach the headstock to the fretboard section.

I've replied via PM to Steve regarding the Jaguar pickup templates, but in case anyone else is interested.. Jaguar pickup templates are now available to order.
    edited February 2023

New templates added... Jaguar, Jazzmaster, Mini Humbucker, Gotoh Battery Box 9/18v. More coming soon.

If you need a pickup template that's not listed, feel free to contact me.

https://u.cubeupload.com/simo/VJZoGW.jpg

• Received my radius gauges today. Helped me answer a question I'd wondered about for a few years. Thanks.
    HerrMetal said:
    Received my radius gauges today. Helped me answer a question I'd wondered about for a few years. Thanks.

Thanks for your order :)
    edited March 2023
    New templates added for Kent Armstrong SLVD-1 Lipstick pickups, and a template for the EMG range of Thunderbird bass pickups. I can supply templates for other Thunderbird style pickups, but as they vary in size slightly between manufacturers, please contact me with the make/model required, so I can make the template as accurate as possible. £12 each

Also now available to order is a new control cavity routing set. Designed to fit many different shapes (see photo for example on T & S style bodies). The set consists of 3 templates.. the main cavity route, the recess, and a template for the cover plate: £25

FREE UK DELIVERY FOR FRETBOARD MEMBERS - Please PM me to order.

edited March 2023

Flash Sale: I have the following templates cut & ready to post.. £8 per template or any 3 for £20. - FREE Delivery.

Only 1 of each available at this price.  Please PM me to place an order and I'll send a PayPal invoice

Edit: SOLD

edited March 2023
    Simo said:

Flash Sale: I have the following templates cut & ready to post.. £8 per template or any 3 for £20. - FREE Delivery.

Only 1 of each available at this price.  Please PM me to place an order and I'll send a PayPal invoice

Bass:
    Jazz Bass 4 String - '60s Spacing (Double Template)
    Jazz Bass 4 String - '70s Spacing (Double Template)
    ’51 P-Bass SOLD

Guitar:
    Jazzmaster
    Bare Knuckle 7 String Humbucker
    Bare Knuckle 7 String Soapbar
    Dimarzio 7 String SOLD
    Seymour Duncan 7 String Humbucker (no cover)  SOLD
    Telecaster Pickguard Route (Neck)

Now all sold
    edited February 7

New: DiMarzio Jazz pickup template - £12 each or £18 for a double template with either '60s or 70's (or custom) spacing.

Please Note: For 5 string Jazz style pickups, DiMarzio use the same size pickup cover for both positions.
    The pickup cover is the same size as a 4 string DiMarzio Jazz style bridge pickup.

edited February 3
    The 6 string humbucker template is now available as a 2 piece set, allowing the builder to route the ''ears'' section first, and then follow up with the second template to complete the route. Price for forum members: £18 including postage.

tFB Trader
    Could you add the pickup surround screw holes to those? They're often useful for fastening the template to the job, especially a carved top where the contact area for double sided tape is small.
    Could you add the pickup surround screw holes to those? They're often useful for fastening the template to the job, especially a carved top where the contact area for double sided tape is small.

Yes, I can easily add screw hole locations if required. I had considering doing this as standard, but as the hole spacing can vary slightly, I decided against it.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    Hi @Simo can I order one of your 6 string humbucker templates please :+1: 

Hi @Simo can I order one of your 6 string humbucker templates please :+1: 

PM on the way 1
    tFB Trader
    Will one of your 7 string humbucker templates fit a Seymour Duncan (with pickup ring)?