Yamaha LS6 ARE

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    edited October 2022
    I actually bought the LL6 pictured above from Peach and it arrived today. After 10 mins comparison, all I can say is... flipping heck! This thing is superb. I’ll post more later, but it gives very little away to the posh LL26, if anything it’s louder! How do they do that for sub-£500???
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well I went heart over head and ordered my favourite example of the LS6 from Peach this morning. Looking forward to it arriving tomorrow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 234
    Hobbies are for indulging, bullets are for biting.
    Good decision, pics when it arrives please!  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    I've got a LL6 (co-incidentally bought from Peach - unseen/ untried - and actually currently up for sale) and it's a lovely guitar. Really well built and lovely to play. I don't find the neck size off-putting...yes, it's slightly bigger but nothing weird or uncomfortable, and I'm mainly an electric player (only reason I'm selling it - it doesn't get used!). It sounds great plugged in though the lack of on board pre-amp controls confuses me sometimes - I'd recommend one
    Ditto, the LL6 is a lovely guitar - picked mine up pre-owned with a hard case for a great price.  Very nicely made, great tone, and comfortable to play.  Haven't tried it plugged in, but it's more for enjoying at home rather than performing:

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Bad news - the serial number I picked has an issue with the neck so they are sending it back to Yamaha, so I've picked a new serial number (which was a close second when deciding which one to have). The only trouble is that it requires setup so won't be with me until Monday. I'm going on holiday for two weeks Monday morning so have delayed delivery until I'm back.

Really pleased with the service from Peach though. I have a thorough email explaining the above and they had preemptively chosen another serial, set it up and just needed my go ahead before sending it out.
    edited October 2022
    Good to hear of good service.  :)
    edited October 2022
    The LL6 (left) with its Japanese cousin the LL26.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    2 lovely looking guitars. I'd be spoilt for choice  =)
  • Wow! The subtle figuring on the 26 is lovely. They sound great too. Is that just a mic?
  • 40 years playing Yamaha acoustics.  Very consistent, great sounds and generally very well made at all price points.
    edited October 2022
    Wow! The subtle figuring on the 26 is lovely. They sound great too. Is that just a mic?
    Yep the 26 has a lovely top, I picked the nicest one (both sound and looks) that they had in Yamaha Wardour St at the time. Having said that, whoever got that lovely top LS6 from Peach got something equally as good looking. 

Yes it’s just a mic on the 6 for the sound demo. One of those clip on SE mics. It’s a bit of a carbuncle but it works well enough. 

I did a “blindfold” test of each one, and there’s not much to pick between them considering the price difference. The 6 is definitely louder and brighter, although that could just be different type and age strings. Need to get the 26 restrung with a new set of Elixirs to be sure. But if I had to recommend something, the 6 is very much in the same league of the 26 for a lot less money, and it should only get better with time. 
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    If the recording is you playing, that's very well done.

Nice example of alternating thumb.

:)