Cat fostering

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    I've never liked cats ....very much a dog person but I've always been kind to all kinds of animals.
    long story cut short.....a feral /stray cat has lived around our barns for at least the last 6 years ......he was very occaisionally seen a few times a year but would run from a human at 50 yards  on the few occaisions he was seen .
     We 'adopted ' a young vixen last summer when I rescued some fox-cubs trapped in a skip on the farm.....she came to the house every evening to eat the food we put out  for her . We saw the little cat would come and feed on whatever the fox left late at night.......so I started putting out food for him ......he came every day but would always run away as soon as a human appeared .
    Gently,gently I coaxed him right up to the door over a couple of months and progressively he became less scared . A tin of Sardines seemed to be too irresistable to him .We called him Ken because a chap who worked on the farm thought he once met a lady who came looking for a black cat called 'Ken ' .
    Needless to say ,'Ken ' now lives very happily in the house ......is almost 100% trusting /tame .....craves affection (and food ) and I love him very much.
    He's wormed,vaccinated and very vocal and demanding of attention .......he's a very loveable git . 
    Dogs have  owners ..............Cats have Staff 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    I change his name every day ........
    Yesterday he was Kenneth Kendall .......today he is Ken Dodd .Tomorrow he is going to be Kenzo .
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16707
    Dominic said:
    I change his name every day ........
    Yesterday he was Kenneth Kendall .......today he is Ken Dodd .Tomorrow he is going to be Kenzo .
    yep, I have:

Tate who gets called Potato, Taters, Tater tots 
    Raimi who gets Raim-a-tron
    and Kubrick who gets Idiot, Disease, Tw@t and lots of other unpleasant things ;) 

He's a very clever cat, which makes him curious and into everything.  Oddly this makes him look more stupid than the others.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16707
    2 days old.  All feeding well and active.   We thought there would be more than 4 kittens from the size of mum, but they were just big.   Average birth weight is 100g, these were born at 120g and already pushing 150g after 2 days.  Not bad considering they often lose weight in the first day or two.

We think it is 2 boys, 2 girls.  The tabby is a boy.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom