Cat fostering

What's Hot

Comments

• KurtisKurtis Frets: 663
    What do mean found in a garden? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16701
    The kitten was in a garden under a bush meowing away.  The mother wasn't, and didn't return within a few hours.  At that point you have to intervene.  The owner of the house correctly took it to the local vet
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 254
    Cats have been very successful in domesticating humans. Dogs altered their physical shape, behaviour, and entire social structures. Cats moved indoors.

Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4992
    The Cat Is Master  DO THEY STILL WORSHIP US CHILD WELL I SHIT IN A BOX AND THEY CLEAN IT GOOD GOOD  image tagged in catsworshiplitter boxcleanfunny meme  made w Imgflip meme maker
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 8
    We are picking up this unchipped stray later.

I guess kitten season is well and truly underway!

@SteveRobinson ;; - if you are still after some kittens do let me know.  The rescue often allow us to find homes for them before they advertise them elsewhere.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7036
    tFB Trader
    Yes still looking for a kitten, wouldn't the trip from you to Manchester be a bit traumatic for it though? 
    edited April 8
    Yes still looking for a kitten, wouldn't the trip from you to Manchester be a bit traumatic for it though? 

It's not too bad, I did a 4 hour trip for one of ours once. He got a little travel sick after a few hours, but nothing major.   It's only 1hr 40 ish from Burton to Manchester.  We had someone come from Liverpool for two of the last lot.

The rescue like to encourage people to take 2 kittens as cats tend to do better with company.  However, it does depend on numbers in the litter and things like that.  Also, like the one we had this weekend, sometimes you do get the solo rescue.  

Anyway, lets see how this birth goes, but there will probably be a few more litters coming through before the end of the year.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7036
    tFB Trader
    Yes two might be nice. We've had two before, not siblings, and they got on together very well.
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 663
    WezV said:
    The kitten was in a garden under a bush meowing away.  The mother wasn't, and didn't return within a few hours.  At that point you have to intervene.  The owner of the house correctly took it to the local vet
    Ah right. Just you hear about people finding cats and just taking them home without trying to find the owners.

:) 
    Kurtis said:
    WezV said:
    Ah right. Just you hear about people finding cats and just taking them home without trying to find the owners.

:) 
    Everyone involved with this situation would much rather have that kitten with it's mother.

Sadly there are a lot of unchipped, unneutered cats out there, so this continues to be a problem.  Part of the reason for this thread is to show just how much of a problem it is.

I've certainly been part of the problem in the past.  I know how to deal with this because I had a lot of kittens growing up.  My parents would get a cat, let it have kittens one time before neutering, keep a kitten, rinse and repeat.  They felt this was best for the cat, and eventually led to friendlier and more placid pets.  It just isn't true.

Please neuter and chip your pets as soon as they are old enough!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • CarbonCopyCarbonCopy Frets: 208
    My partner volunteers for Cat Protection and was at the local Vets4Pets giving out free vouchers for cat neutering at the weekend. There's really no excuse. 

Some of the people picking up the vouchers had cats that were 10 years old for example and hadn't bothered or couldn't afford to get it done.

We've got a mother and 3 kittens at the moment which came from a house where the other 2 female cats also had litters and all needed to be rehomed. The owner was surprised that his 3 female and 2 male cats kept breeding. Our cat is on her 3rd litter apparently.
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    WezV said:
    We are picking up this unchipped stray later.

I guess kitten season is well and truly underway!

@SteveRobinson ;; - if you are still after some kittens do let me know.  The rescue often allow us to find homes for them before they advertise them elsewhere.

He's a big boy ! He'll love having a home and family.

We adopted a unchipped stray a few years ago, just started appearing in our garden, our cat befriended it, and eventually he decided to move it. 
    She.. is a small pregnant teenager
    We woke up to 2 fresh kittens this morning.  Another 2 have been born since then.  I think she is about done 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    WezV said:
    We woke up to 2 fresh kittens this morning.  Another 2 have been born since then.  I think she is about done 
    Pictures or it never happened. or something. 

please
     (of the kittens that is)

3 black, 1 tabby
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    WezV said:

3 black, 1 tabby
    please tell then I said boop
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    Congrats teenage mummy cat, and WezV.

Hope they're all doing well, and they all go to safe, loving homes.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18813
    edited April 15
    She's a sweetie 3  hope they all do well. Particularly the cute little black guinea pigs... ;)
  • westfordwestford Frets: 581
    Aww, mummy cat looks a lot like my parent's old cat Tigger.