Suede 5th Oct - Camden Electric Ballroom

What's Hot
drpbierdrpbier Frets: 226
Saw them last night with my wife, and some nice friendly people let her go to the front (we were upstairs) which was handy as she's a short arse. Mostly played songs from the new album Autofiction, which were excellent. Of course there were a few oldies in there which the crowd loved. What a cracking band, 30 years and still fantastic entertainment. So great to see bands I love in smaller venues.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Awesome, sounds like a great night! One of my fave bands when I was a kid in the 90s but never had the chance to see them live. From the vids I've seen of recent performances they look like they're still a great band live, bags of energy.

Got tickets to see them in March at Newcastle City Hall and can't wait!  =)
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 226
    Have fun - they're definitely not just a 'legacy' band, the new stuff is great too and yes, the energy was through the roof. Brett was swinging the mic around and singing from inside the pit, and Richard was throwing shapes and jumping around. They've obviously got the arena/festival stagecraft but it scales down well to smaller stages. More diverse crowd than some bands I like too...Johnny Marr attracts mostly clones of me :) 
  • I'm going to see them in Cambridge next March.

Same venue where I saw them ... probably around 25 years ago!  Support that night was Ash, who were also brilliant.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I've seen them around 4-5 times now since they got back together. They are one of my TOP 5 bands of all time. They really do know how to write really good melancholic indie bangers. Fantastic band all round. Vox/guitars/bass/drums are all superb.

Brett's voice is one of a kind. 

I got to see them a few weeks ago at Leeds Brudenell as an album launch night. Tiny place. Great sound. 

Booked to see them again next year with my Dad. Me, my Dad and my sister were all into the debut album as soon as it hit. That guitar sound and style has always been a hit with me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom