PSA: Elixir nanoweb string sets 3 for 2 at Strings Direct

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• pjfpjf Frets: 331
    Sadly Cheaper from nearly every seller on Amazon. 
    Link? The only ones I can see are the same price, at least for the Elixir strings I use:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elixir-Strings-16545-Phosphor-Acoustic/dp/B01512W3Q0/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?crid=3AG3F8ZABC6PX&keywords=elixir+strings+3+sets&qid=1665139370&sprefix=elixir+strings+3+sets%2Caps%2C62&sr=8-9
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader

Sadly Cheaper from nearly every seller on Amazon. 
    Unless actually sold by Amazon they are likely fake. 
    Nonsense. Ive bought strings from Amazon for years and never got fakes. Always buy from a well known vendor, job done. I did get fakes from Ebay once though. Foolishly from a new seller. Resolved instantly and store shut down. 
    I suppose, if buying from a known vendor. But then they would have a website and likely sell the same product there without pitching in to the bezos rocket fuel fund?

I’ve had fakes from Amazon sellers before so I’m weary. 
    You dont get prime delivery etc then. I do understand where youre coming from. I have subscription set up for 5 sets of super slinkies for £19 delivered every month from a well known shop. These are £39.99 from Strings direct.  Thats not a small saving to make.
    Hard to compete...
    Impossible for a store like us to compete with that as £19 is above cost for 5 sets :( 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Thanks for the heads-up - just ordered a pack of Optiweb 10-46 which I use on all my electric guitars. I've had a set on one of my Palir Titans since June 2019 and they're still playing and sounding great!
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited October 2022
    ok - only ever use em on acoustics and always use Nanos,   never played Opti's   -  so for an old codge like me,  what's the difference between  "bright"  and "crisp"  ??

https://www.elixirstrings.com/support/polyweb-nanoweb-optiweb-coatings

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • bertie said:
    ok - only ever use em on acoustics and always use Nanos,   never played Opti's   -  so for an old codge like me,  what's the difference between  "bright"  and "crisp"  ??

Hard to describe sounds in words.  I think the main difference is in feel: as the marketing claims the Optiwebs feel and sound a bit more like an uncoated string.

But the difference is fairly subtle.  When Optis first came on the market they were priced similarly to Nanos, and I bought and slightly preferred the Optis.  By the time I came to my last purchase (I usually buy 10 at a time) the price difference had widened substantially and on that basis I thought the Nanos were better value.  I have Optis on some guitars and Nanos on others and I doubt I could tell the difference once they're played in.  Whereas when guitars I've bought arrived with uncoated strings I replaced them straight away.  It feels wasteful bunging a set of new strings in the bin, but I've got used to my Elixirs just don't enjoy having uncoated strings on my guitars.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    edited October 2022
    bertie said:

No idea. I have Nanowebs on a couple of bass guitars but that's not much of a comparison.

To the touch, the surface feel of Optiwebs is just like an uncoated string, but they play like a set about a half-gauge lower. Also they don't half last - since I started fitting these, I haven't had to replace any. A guitar I bought recently came with Nanos fitted and you could see the coating starting to fray but I haven't had that happen at all with Optis.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited October 2022
    thanks @Blueingreen ;;
    I dont have any problems with Nanos.  so if they're cheaper - I'll be sticking with em  
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • bertie said:
    thanks @Blueingreen ;;
    I dont have any problems with Nanos.  so if they're cheaper - I'll be sticking with em  

Pricing policy doesn't seem consistent so worth checking before you buy.  As I say, they started off at a similar price to the Nanos then later hiked the price.  If there's customer resistance to the higher price they might come down again.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Keefy said:
    Thanks for the heads-up - just ordered a pack of Optiweb 10-46 which I use on all my electric guitars. I've had a set on one of my Palir Titans since June 2019 and they're still playing and sounding great!
    They're really that good. Especially on guitars that don't get played much. It's so nice to pick something up after a few months festering in its case and have it sounding shiny clean
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    And… they arrived this morning!