PSA: Elixir nanoweb string sets 3 for 2 at Strings Direct

What's Hot
pjfpjf Frets: 331
Title. Elixir are one of the best (IMO) but pricey; grab 3 sets for the price of 2 while you can.

No affiliation whatsoever, just have an alert set up for whenever this deal is on (which it rarely is) and thought others might be interested.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    FYI ...
    We're just waiting on a delivery of 3-pack Elixir .. and we'll be SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than this.
    Will post here once they're in stock
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10896
    Wow okay. I'm a recent elixr convert. I actually prefer the feel of them now too. Plus you can lick the teflon off them afterwards when you're done. Lovely stuff 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3772
    Thanks! Took me a few seconds to find the offer so here’s a link. https://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/strings-c1/string-sets-c865/elixir-m14/3-for-2-packs-t2448
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    Good shout!

I don't  use Elixir but I've a friend who does and I'll let her know.

Thank you :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow strings are really expensive now. 
    I like Dad XL ones but they're similarly pricey
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27705
    FYI ...
    We're just waiting on a delivery of 3-pack Elixir .. and we'll be SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than this.
    Make sure you announce that one loudly!
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    FYI ...
    Make sure you announce that one loudly!
    ;)
    I've got this thread starred... I am curious about the exact meaning of SIGNIFICANTLY but I suppose we will have to wait!
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    FYI ...
    I'd deffo be interested.

#thebatesmotelband
    BGG said:
    FYI ...
    I'd deffo be interested.

Will you be offering 11's @WindmillGuitars? Doesn't appear to be in the StringsDirect sale
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    roberty said:
    BGG said:
    FYI ...
    I'd deffo be interested.

Will you be offering 11's @WindmillGuitars? Doesn't appear to be in the StringsDirect sale
    Sets of 11s are there at the link @drofluf posted mate
  • pjf said:
    roberty said:
    BGG said:
    FYI ...
    I'd deffo be interested.

Those are just acoustic; electrics are 9s and 10s only.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    Sorry lads - my error as earlier today Strings Direct had listed “three single pack” of elixir at £55 but I see
    they’ve now listed “three packs” at £40 which is the same price as us! 

Yes I’m a douche bag .. none the less I’ll do free delivery on these for anyone who wants to order. Stock should be in on Monday all being well. 

DM me if you want me to set some Elixir aside for you  - or indeed any strings .. free shipping offer applies. 

Simon @ WG 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks Simon, that's a good deal nonetheless
    pjf said:
    roberty said:
    BGG said:
    FYI ...
    I'd deffo be interested.

Those are just acoustic; electrics are 9s and 10s only.
    Yeah I forget that acoustic guitars exists (sorry!). I play mine maybe once a year. My mate does this outdoor party thing in the summer and there's a campfire. I learnt some Pet Shop Boys songs for it this year, and Black Sabbath
  • Sadly Cheaper from nearly every seller on Amazon. 
    Unless actually sold by Amazon they are likely fake. 
    Nonsense. Ive bought strings from Amazon for years and never got fakes. Always buy from a well known vendor, job done. I did get fakes from Ebay once though. Foolishly from a new seller. Resolved instantly and store shut down. 

Nonsense. Ive bought strings from Amazon for years and never got fakes. Always buy from a well known vendor, job done. I did get fakes from Ebay once though. Foolishly from a new seller. Resolved instantly and store shut down. 
    I suppose, if buying from a known vendor. But then they would have a website and likely sell the same product there without pitching in to the bezos rocket fuel fund?

I’ve had fakes from Amazon sellers before so I’m weary. 

I suppose, if buying from a known vendor. But then they would have a website and likely sell the same product there without pitching in to the bezos rocket fuel fund?

You dont get prime delivery etc then. I do understand where youre coming from. I have subscription set up for 5 sets of super slinkies for £19 delivered every month from a well known shop. These are £39.99 from Strings direct.  Thats not a small saving to make.

You dont get prime delivery etc then. I do understand where youre coming from. I have subscription set up for 5 sets of super slinkies for £19 delivered every month from a well known shop. These are £39.99 from Strings direct.  Thats not a small saving to make.
    Hard to compete...