So, I did an acoustic thing with added video (it's not pretty!)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    But all these comments are really appreciated. So a big thanks from me. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camf said:
    @DartmoorHedgehog when you say things like that, how could I resist heading straight to your nearest venue? 
    LOL. 500 miles each way apparently... are you a Proclaimer?

Seriously though, if you ARE ever playing that stuff in sensible gig-going reach of deepest westcountry, or I find myself more your way at the right time, it would be a gig I'd definitely be interested in.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    We both live in pretty special places so it might well happen.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Lovely blend of sounds, I enjoyed your song very much. Well played all. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Thanks @Rocker! Help yourself to a download if you want. 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Very generous of you @Camf, I will download when our desktop computer is running. Which might not be today. 

Unlike most people I don’t use my phone as a music player. Your music sounds so good and interesting that it deserves to be played on a hi-fi system. This allows one to better appreciate the musicianship on the recording. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited October 2022
    Got some time to kill so just listening to the rest of the EP. This is superb stuff @camf . Playing, singing, recording, production all top notch. Certainly makes any of my "demo" recordings seem rather amateurish grimace 
      I'd urge anyone with even the slightest taste for folk music to have a listen.
    I'd be well up for going to one of your gigs, but I suspect you're rather the wrong end of our island for me to nip out for the evening... 
    camf said:
    @DartmoorHedgehog when you say things like that, how could I resist heading straight to your nearest venue? 

if you're ever down the s/west  -  the north somerset / quantock area  (watchet / minhead) has a great folk / traditional scene.

Pebbles Bar in Watchet is very very supportive and the landlord/lady  are active musicians 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    Rocker said:
    Very generous of you @Camf, I will download when our desktop computer is running. Which might not be today. 

Unlike most people I don’t use my phone as a music player. Your music sounds so good and interesting that it deserves to be played on a hi-fi system. This allows one to better appreciate the musicianship on the recording. 
    Do you burn CDs? I think you can download WAV files from Bandcamp. If not, I have a portable CD writer I need to wrestle with. If I manage to successfully burn a test audio CD, I'll let you know and I can send it to you. Don't hold your breath, though. I think a portable CD burner, audio CDs and an old macbook might not be a marriage made in heaven. :) 
    edited October 2022
    bertie said:
    Got some time to kill so just listening to the rest of the EP. This is superb stuff @camf . Playing, singing, recording, production all top notch. Certainly makes any of my "demo" recordings seem rather amateurish grimace 
      I'd urge anyone with even the slightest taste for folk music to have a listen.
    I'd be well up for going to one of your gigs, but I suspect you're rather the wrong end of our island for me to nip out for the evening... 
    camf said:

if you're ever down the s/west  -  the north somerset / quantock area  (watchet / minhead) has a great folk / traditional scene.

Pebbles Bar in Watchet is very very supportive and the landlord/lady  are active musicians 
    Cheers @bertie, that's a great tip. Doing any kind of touring these days seems like a logistical nightmare and a guaranteed road to financial ruin, but I'm still planning giving it a go... like a proper idiot!
  • What was the guitar on the track in original post?

Great production, technically sounds good and also musically. Well done with the singing tbh! Great !!
  • Another cracker, Cam :) 
  • CryptidCryptid Frets: 406
    Sounds great, Cam, thanks for sharing. Soul food on this grey and wet morning. Lovely song and I'm really enjoying your voice which has a good balance of style for my tastes; not too American as someone said, and not too overly-folky English, if that makes sense. 

Assuming this track is your J-150? Perfect in this context, bet you're glad you didn't trade it for my old Atkin ;) 
    What was the guitar on the track in original post?

Great production, technically sounds good and also musically. Well done with the singing tbh! Great !!
    Cheers Thomas. I'm pretty sure it's the Gibson J-150. I only took two guitars, the J-150 and the Bourgeois OM. I think I ended up using the J-150 for four tracks as I just love the sound of it. I'd need to concentrate to work out which track has the OM. But that's pretty much the straight sound of the guitars through a ribbon mic with minimal EQ. 

But thanks... that's nice to hear you enjoyed it.

Best,

Cam
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Another cracker, Cam :) 
    Cheers Sam... now about that beer???
    edited October 2022
    Cryptid said:
    Sounds great, Cam, thanks for sharing. Soul food on this grey and wet morning. Lovely song and I'm really enjoying your voice which has a good balance of style for my tastes; not too American as someone said, and not too overly-folky English, if that makes sense. 

Assuming this track is your J-150? Perfect in this context, bet you're glad you didn't trade it for my old Atkin  
    I know! I love that J-150, but I'm too small for it to play sitting down. I have to put on a strap even sitting down and it still feels like I'm wrestling with a bear. But I do still love these bigger body guitars - I just can't seem to resist them. I like being on my feet when I play, so it's not a problem live. These days my small body needs are met mainly with a lovely wee Gibson L1-style guitar. It looks like an old L1 12 fret but has more a modern style of build. Cracking wee thing. Ah well, whenever I think I'm settled, there's always another guitar temptation just over the horizon.  

Thanks for the positive feedback too. :)
    A couple more codes for anyone interested in case these other ones aren't working.

lqxq-7mf8

qgc9-5zen

Redeem them at: https://boulderfields.bandcamp.com/yum

Somebody asked why I was giving my music away. I'm not really. I've just had a lot of useful advice and some happy deals on here, so I just thought I'd offer something back. Usually, I quite like being paid for my music, but I do like sharing it with friends too. :)
    edited November 2022
    So as the last chapter of this thread, my EP is out today on Bandcamp (https://boulderfields.bandcamp.com/album/falkirk-attic-ep) and I'd appreciate any shares you could give it. It's 'pay what you can' so don't let money get in the way of our love. Anyway, just to scare you all shitless, here's me in all my gnarled, old glory. I made the promo too - my first time editing (DaVinci Resolve 17) and it damn near made my head explode. But it was still kind of fun. I shot it and edited it so feel free to ask me any questions - it wasn't easy but it was doable. Please share if you can.