SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Taylor GS Mini SKB Hardcase

What's Hot
GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
edited June 2023 in Acoustics £
SKB hardcase for Taylor GS Mini - a few scuffs on the outside, but excellent condition inside, with 2 keys.
£75 collected, or £90 posted.

GS Mini SOLD

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany for sale. This is a super guitar, and it's in fantastic condition. The hard case has a few scuffs but inside is also near-mint.

This is a lovely guitar - super easy to play, and looks amazing! It has the factory-spec Elixir 13-56 Phosphor Bronze strings (although this particular set are not the factory installed set!) Selling as I've upgraded to a Gibson J45.

Comes with the SKB 1SKB-GSM hard case which fits it perfectly, and the GS Mini plug-in pickup, connected to the rear strap button.

Comes with original case candy, owners manual, two keys (unused), original pickup box and strap button, AND the original unused soft case.

I'd prefer collection from Lincolnshire, LN13 postcode, or I can bring it to my work in Lincoln, LN2 1DY postcode. I'd rather not post simply because I don't have a lot of time to properly wrap it as would be required.

£475. £400

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Can’t emphasise how good these guitars are. Love mine and can’t imagine selling it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    Can’t emphasise how good these guitars are. Love mine and can’t imagine selling it. 
    I agree - got to fund the replacement somehow though! A little EQ and reverb and the pickup sounds wonderful too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A GS mini is the equivalent of which guitar size?
    A GS mini is the equivalent of which guitar size?
    It's more of a Parlor size guitar -total length 930 mm, body width 365 mm, body depth 113 mm 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GIJoe said:
    A GS mini is the equivalent of which guitar size?
    It's more of a Parlor size guitar -total length 930 mm, body width 365 mm, body depth 113 mm 

Looks good value for a Taylor plus add ons.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9655
    It doesn’t sound like a parlour, there’s a few clever tweaks that add up to result in a much bigger-sounding guitar. It’s very pick-up-and-playable, and it’s the acoustic that gets played more than any other in my house. I also take mine to other people’s houses!
    Thanks all - still here waiting for its forever home!

I've just listed this on ebay bump - auction but a lot lower than this price - so make me an offer! Or bid on ebay and try get it even cheaper ;) 

Messed about on ebay + price drop bump

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Prepared to sell just the hardcase? 
    Prepared to sell just the hardcase? 
    Potentially - got a few people interested so I'd like to see what happens with them first :) 

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 837
    Would you be interested in a Yamaha NTX500 (electro acoustic classical crossover) as part exchange (I'm in Nottingham so logistics shouldn't be too difficult).
    RevMatt said:
    Would you be interested in a Yamaha NTX500 (electro acoustic classical crossover) as part exchange (I'm in Nottingham so logistics shouldn't be too difficult).
    Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately I'm selling as I've upgraded to a Gibson J45 so I don't really have need for more than one acoustic  :)  

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1785
    Great guitars regardless of size Taylor  did a real Jedi mind trick with this design. They and others call it a parlour but to me it closer to a hot rodded 00 so slightly wider across the lower belt and slightly shorter in length. The smart things Taylor did make them cheap to build but actually hot rodded a 00 in my mind. 

So the laminated wood sides add mass and ridigity that’s keeps the energy in the top.

the top is a tad bigger across lower belt giving greater surface area.

the sound hole is standard size not reduced like many parlours

the top is lightened at the edges to increase vibration.

it is simply X braced

the pressed slight bowl back is rigid but vibrates adding harmonic interest and focuses the sound in a good way.

they are shorter scales and if you hands like Hams then maybe not for you but they are a playable 43mm at the nut and widen at the bridge so not uncomfortable.

As you can probably tell I love the GSMini and spent a good time pondering why they work so well and have sold close to half a million.

there are plenty of clones these days and I have played a few and although there are some better built in terms of being built from solid wood sides and backs in China all called travel  guitars none sound or catch the imagination like the GS mini.

so somebody give this one a home it will serve you well.

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9655
    I agree with the above - the little tricks add up to a very big sounding guitar yet is as comfortable to play as a parlour. The short scale also means that they can string them up with 13s yet they feel more like 12s.
    No love for this bump?

• theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1468
    Madness. Play mine every day. 
  • westwest Frets: 996
    Great guitars regardless of size Taylor  did a real Jedi mind trick with this design. They and others call it a parlour but to me it closer to a hot rodded 00 so slightly wider across the lower belt and slightly shorter in length. The smart things Taylor did make them cheap to build but actually hot rodded a 00 in my mind. 

So the laminated wood sides add mass and ridigity that’s keeps the energy in the top.

the top is a tad bigger across lower belt giving greater surface area.

the sound hole is standard size not reduced like many parlours

the top is lightened at the edges to increase vibration.

it is simply X braced

the pressed slight bowl back is rigid but vibrates adding harmonic interest and focuses the sound in a good way.

they are shorter scales and if you hands like Hams then maybe not for you but they are a playable 43mm at the nut and widen at the bridge so not uncomfortable.

As you can probably tell I love the GSMini and spent a good time pondering why they work so well and have sold close to half a million.

there are plenty of clones these days and I have played a few and although there are some better built in terms of being built from solid wood sides and backs in China all called travel  guitars none sound or catch the imagination like the GS mini.

so somebody give this one a home it will serve you well.

I read an article that said taylor had built an all solid version as a test and that it didnt sound as good , cant remember where , ive played all the versions and the mahogany one is my fave .... glwts ;)
    Madness. Play mine every day. 
    I bought a custom shop J45 - the Taylor is actually easier to play! But the huge sound of a big Gibson is hard to compete against for the sound that's "in my head" if that makes sense.

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Still interested in the hard case if that's an option at all. :-)