Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Now this I am liking....the Blues Cube

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30945
Really whetting my taste buds

Don "I wrote it y'know' Felder in the driving seat.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12415
    That sounds cracking, I wonder how much they'll be
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • They were announced a couple of months ago, long previous Discussion on here IIRC. About £440 for the little un, £600 for the big un, floor boards extra.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Very nice indeed. I'm liking that a lot.
  • They sound fine in demos, but I don't know how warm the reception will be from a community that's so set in traditional stuff.

That said, from the demos, the cleans sound at least as nice as a bandit (and they really are good), and the drives sound nicer - the bandit is alright, but has a bit of a muffled quality until the presence and treble is a touch too high and it starts getting a bit brittle sounding for the low gain od tones.

Not that cheap, either - despite me being quite into solid state and digital kit, I'd sooner go for a blackstar ID (they sound fantastic for the money) for less, or an amt stonehead which has a lot more features. Or a valve amp, a hot rod deluxe isn't that much more...
  • Ew

Also the man sounds like he is demoing to a 10 year old when he talks

"And that's why I like this amp..." *look thoughtfully just to side of camera*
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    edited September 2014

Sounds pretty nice - looks like Roland are following Vox's idea of a digital version of a 'straight' amp approach (with their AC15VR and AC30VR valve-reactor amps), and no question they have a popular following.  Definite advantages are low weight and (in theory) low maintenance ie no tube changes etc.  The video didn't clarify but I'm guessing a lot of potential buyers will likely want to feel comfortable that the Blues Cube will work well with their pedal-boards (I know that was a theme Vox pushed quite heavily).

But I must confess that I'm with 'Theprettydamned' here in that I'd also personally prefer to buy either a Blackstar ID amp, or an all-valve amp. And the Fender Mustang III/IV v.2 is a pretty good option too if you're looking at a non-valve amp - the Fender tones in particular are really very good. 

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Sounds like an excellent amp .. I have a standard Cube and like that a lot for home use.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3319

This sounds pretty good.

The orginal Roland Blues Cubes were excellent and had endorsees such as George Benson and Al di Meola, but they were too expensive. They were a lot warmer than the regular Cube range, which I like, and if you can find the BC60w, they can be picked up for around £150. I think they even did a 3x10 version as well as 1x12 and a BC30w.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17664
    tFB Trader
    Andertons have just done a vid

• Watching it now - it's not half the weight of a HRD ! I hope they correct that in the notes (35 vs 45 lbs). Bit of a long rambling clip. 28 minutes in before they plug a pedal in, this is the thing I hadn't seen on any of the previous clips. The differences between the two models ( of the Cube, I don't mean Captain and Tenille here) I find slightly irksome, if they could knock a bit off the Artist to get it below the £500 price point I think these would fly out the shops in January.
  • I've got to say that the Andertons vid makes it appear a very good amp
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7929
    I've got to say that the Andertons vid makes it appear a very good amp
    Well, they are 'selling' it....  I've yet to hear them say an amp is crap.
    edited November 2014 tFB Trader
    They do from time to time

Recently they caused some upset by saying a mesa was crap
  • TheMarlin said:
    I've got to say that the Andertons vid makes it appear a very good amp
    Well, they are 'selling' it....  I've yet to hear them say an amp is crap.
    Indeed they are, but I guess I was concentrating on the tones from the amp rather than those from their vocal chords!! ;-)

Their opinion on an amp is neither here nor there for me, but I really liked how they used it both with and without pedals. To add to that, I'd never buy an amp based purely on a YT vid, but the Andertons one would encourage me to try it out.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30945
    Fucking hell- the guitar world's answer to Ant and Dec....

Too much!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

tFB Trader
    Check this video

Sounds wonderful.
  • Nice. Someone else using the Artist rather than the Stage though. It feels a bit like ' really like this amp that we have some pros demonstrating but can't quite afford it? Make do with the Stage.' :o3
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7837
    I do like the look of the smaller one - I shall have to go and try one sometime.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    tFB Trader
    It would have to be the bigger one for me, but £599 seems a bit too much. If they get under £500 I'd seriously consider one.
  • The big one would mean a bit more headroom/ power + tremolo+ fx loop + ability to add the control board. Lots of pre order prices around but all basically the same. Wondering if by the end of January they will be in stock and prices getting more competitive. Back in MR days I was dreaming of an SS HRD and here it is, I just wasn't expecting HRD prices.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom