Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Strymon Cloudburst Ambient Reverb leak

What's Hot

Comments

• There have been so many ambient reverb pedals, and let’s face it so many do this type of tone. It’s nothing mad or new. Clever marketing putting an existing algorithm into a smaller box with tweaks. Probably got AI to write it this time….

PRAISE BE STRYMON 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I just sold a Nightsky and went back to a Neunaber Immerse. But with top jacks and the option to add freeze via a Mini Switch, this ticks a lot of boxes for me. FYI Peach Guitars are doing them for a tenner cheaper than most other places.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • roberty said:
    mrkb said:
    ewal said:
    I'm curious where the demand is for all these ambient reverb pedals? While I love a bit of Hammock etc, isn't it still a bit of a niche sound? I find it's an effect I think I want/need but when I get it, I really don't use it as much as I expected.
    Aren’t they used for praisin’ the lord music in the USofA?
    I reckon there's a lot of bedroom knob twiddlers. You can make a impressive sonic impression without a band
    Definitely this.

Plus the P&W thing
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27064
    edited February 2023
    FWIW I think the pedal looks excellent but I won't be spending almost 300 on it. I would be keen at 200-ish. I wonder if this will be the next "sound like 10 years ago" pedal like shimmer & POG kinda are now. But it does sound great

Peach have one of the best videos as usual. I also note Jack has a new IWC mk XX which looks lovely! :) 

• I notice that it doesn't come with a power supply. Not a big deal for most people with proper pedalboards but, nonetheless, a reduction in value compared with other Strymon pedals (being an occasional and casual user of pedals, I find supplied power plugs useful).
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    edited February 2023

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 490
    Doveholes said:
    I just sold a Nightsky and went back to a Neunaber Immerse. But with top jacks and the option to add freeze via a Mini Switch, this ticks a lot of boxes for me. FYI Peach Guitars are doing them for a tenner cheaper than most other places.
    Cant find the pre-order site on Peach, do you have the link? 
    Dumodal said:
    Doveholes said:
    I just sold a Nightsky and went back to a Neunaber Immerse. But with top jacks and the option to add freeze via a Mini Switch, this ticks a lot of boxes for me. FYI Peach Guitars are doing them for a tenner cheaper than most other places.
    https://www.peachguitars.com/strymon-cloudburst-ambient-reverb.htm?opt=38674
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    Watched the Andertons Video, sounds nice, really nice.

But for the money...and if i hadn't got the BigSky and Stargazer (really simple reverb with shimmer), then I may be tempted....but even then, I might get the Tempest for a little more money.
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 490
    Whitecat said:
    Dumodal said:
    Doveholes said:
    https://www.peachguitars.com/strymon-cloudburst-ambient-reverb.htm?opt=38674
    Awesome, Thank you!
  • Peach have one of the best videos as usual. I also note Jack has a new IWC mk XX which looks lovely! :) 

He does seem to have some nice pieces. I spotted a nice Tudor BB the other day. Might have been the 58. Tasty!
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2397
    Just watched the Andertons vid. As someone with little interest of effects that aren't in my POD... good lord this is lovely and I want one. What a fun effect! Maybe not £279 fun, though, so maybe I'll see what they're like on eBay in 2024.
    Tim
  • Peach have one of the best videos as usual. I also note Jack has a new IWC mk XX which looks lovely! :) 

He does seem to have some nice pieces. I spotted a nice Tudor BB the other day. Might have been the 58. Tasty!
    I'm sure I've seen him wearing a Tudor BB GMT. Nice watch but too chunky for me :(
  • Whitecat said:
    euan said:
    Ah. It’s the Bladerunner pedal. 
    No, that was literally the Meris Mercury 7 - https://www.meris.us/product/mercury7-reverb-pedal/
    Yup, that one's bloody brilliant, and much better VFM too! (YMMV)
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    timmypix said:
    Just watched the Andertons vid. As someone with little interest of effects that aren't in my POD... good lord this is lovely and I want one. What a fun effect! Maybe not £279 fun, though, so maybe I'll see what they're like on eBay in 2024.
    Ditto this: in the hands of Danish Pete it sounds extraordinary.  Much want, but not to the tune of £279 for music room noodling...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1241
    I'm curious, as I've been having a reverb itch for the past month.

Does this take limited functionality from the BigSky, or is this pedal doing something the likes of a BigSky can't do?
    I had pretty much decided on getting an RV-500, as BigSky's aren't very available just now, but this has me doubting that decision.
  • It just does not look real for me. If this is supposed to be the Cloud engine from the Big Sky in a single pedal, then the dials on the pedal image don't match up to the parameters you can adjust on the Big Sky. Loads of GearPagers in the US have been calling for Cloud to be put in a stand-alone pedal for years now, and it just looks like a Strymon uberfan posting a wish rather than a reality.
    I very much stand corrected.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6155
    m_c said:

Does this take limited functionality from the BigSky, or is this pedal doing something the likes of a BigSky can't do?
    I had pretty much decided on getting an RV-500, as BigSky's aren't very available just now, but this has me doubting that decision.
    Don't think the BigSky has the "ensemble" mode, which adds the synth-strings swell sound to the reverb. Sounds awesome, but more useful for epic soundscapes and just-for-fun noodling, than 99% of guitaring, I suppose.

Still want one.
    edited February 2023
    goldtop said:
    m_c said:

Don't think the BigSky has the "ensemble" mode, which adds the synth-strings swell sound to the reverb. Sounds awesome, but more useful for epic soundscapes and just-for-fun noodling, than 99% of guitaring, I suppose.

Still want one.
    And the thing is that it’s not so adjustable an effect that one can really “own” it - you’ll start hearing it everywhere (well, on YouTube and Soundcloud anyway) and I’m having a hard time imagining a world where it doesn’t become a bit of a cliched sound. 

Yes, I also still want one. 
  • Eventide did the same though. Putting one algorithm in a pedal? (Blackhole)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom