Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Strymon Cloudburst Ambient Reverb leak

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• m_cm_c Frets: 1241
    goldtop said:

Don't think the BigSky has the "ensemble" mode, which adds the synth-strings swell sound to the reverb. Sounds awesome, but more useful for epic soundscapes and just-for-fun noodling, than 99% of guitaring, I suppose.

Still want one.
    Thanks for that. I did wonder if the ensemble was an addition.
    I did manage to watch the Sweetwater demo earlier, and the freeze function also intrigues me.

I think I'll join the list of people hoping to pick up one cheaply cheaper in a few months time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This new pedal does sound fabulous, especially in stereo.

It's not a million miles away from my Old Blood Noise Endeavours Darkstar, which also does the freeze thing.

The Strymon does sound better, and is stereo, though.  

• Peach have one of the best videos as usual. I also note Jack has a new IWC mk XX which looks lovely! :) 

He does seem to have some nice pieces. I spotted a nice Tudor BB the other day. Might have been the 58. Tasty!
    I'm sure I've seen him wearing a Tudor BB GMT. Nice watch but too chunky for me :(
    Same here. Skinny wrists means I try to avoid anything above 40mm :( Am tempted by the new Hamilton Khaki Murph, it looks so much better with the shorter lugs of the smaller size.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    I thought it sounded great, like all of their stuff, pretty much. But how much would I use that sound? Not so much. And can I get most of that kind of thing out of my Flint? Yes. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Interested to hear the thoughts of those who bought a Cloudburst as I'm gassing for one.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2584
    I was getting interested in it too, after I started watching this YouTube channel. A good demo source if you like shoegazey type sounds.

The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mr335ishmr335ish Frets: 18
    I regularly play in a church worship band on either bass/acoustic/12 string/PRS/335 so this doesn't get an airing every week, (which means that the keyboard player isn't totally redundant...)  Teamed up with a Strymon mini switch on the pedal board so two 'presets' instantly available. On the right song, at the right time, it's stunning.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just wondering how people are getting on with it. Does it just do ambient stuff or does it work as an always on reverb too?
  • mr335ish said:
    I regularly play in a church worship band on either bass/acoustic/12 string/PRS/335 so this doesn't get an airing every week, (which means that the keyboard player isn't totally redundant...)  Teamed up with a Strymon mini switch on the pedal board so two 'presets' instantly available. On the right song, at the right time, it's stunning.
    Sounds like the same use as I'd have for it. I'm very interested in it for when I sell my Neunaber Wet
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1006
    edited October 2023
    I play mine in church too. I have mine paired with a Morningstar mc6 so as many presets as I want. 

It can do lower decay reverb pretty well but I use it only for the ambient, pad, orchestral stuff as I also have a free the tone AmbiSpace on board which I prefer for bread and butter reverbs. 

Cloudburst is pretty incredible at the orchestral stuff and I’ve never heard another reverb do anything quite like that. Brilliant if you like Hans Zimmer music. Check out the demo on youtube of someone playing ‘Time’ with it. 

I need to set up a midi command for the freeze function as I reckon that will be great too. 

Fwiw, I used to have a big sky and got option paralysis and felt bad because I was only using 2 or 3 favourite presets with it. AmbiSpace removed all that option paralysis and Cloudburst gives me back the absolute best of the BigSky with extra new features. 

Hope that helps. 
  • I’ve had one for a week. Incredible sounding pedal. I can just get lost in it.. a bit of gain or fuzz with a bit of ensemble with tone low… space ambient rock heaven.