Songs you find tricky...but sound easy

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• topdog91topdog91 Frets: 309
    The Jean Genie has that extra bar in the first verse when even they don't change chord at the same time.

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day, the video makes it look like a standard rock song then you actually listen to it and the instruments are buried in the mix, every chorus transitions to the next verse differently, and on one occasion a beat gets dropped just because.

Oh, and to whoever said get the vibe and feel right, it's more important than timing or tone, timing and tone are a fair chunk of vibe and feel. No need to assume that any talk of technical matters makes you sound like Satriani instead of Quo.
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10415
    topdog91 said:
    The Jean Genie has that extra bar in the first verse when even they don't change chord at the same time.

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day, the video makes it look like a standard rock song then you actually listen to it and the instruments are buried in the mix, every chorus transitions to the next verse differently, and on one occasion a beat gets dropped just because.

Oh, and to whoever said get the vibe and feel right, it's more important than timing or tone, timing and tone are a fair chunk of vibe and feel. No need to assume that any talk of technical matters makes you sound like Satriani instead of Quo.
    I've just done I wish it could be Christmas every day... I thought I would chart it out in 10 mins, actually took about an hour. As you say there's a lot more involved with all the transitions, key changes and timings. One of the better Christmas songs though. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom