SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Gibson Les Paul Std, Strandberg Boden Prog, PRS McCarty MC58, Yamaha SA2200, Squier Tele CV

What's Hot
sergiosergio Frets: 116
edited February 18 in Guitars £
2021 Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s in Iced Tea £1600

I've owned this guitar from new and took some time running the racks: searching for a LP Standard without Gibsonesque QC issues and with a decent weight was not as simple as you would expect from a product that retails over £2k, and I saw some authentic horrors in the process. Thankfully ended up with this beautiful example which is perfectly made and weights a reasonable 8lb 14oz, or just over 4kg. The guitar is in perfect, shiny condition, has no dings or scratches - it has never left the house - and the Burstbucker pickups roar as a Les Paul should. Comes with the original case and paperwork (although it's missing the original multi-tool...)

PRS McCarty MC58 - £1900
A good example of this sought after model. When introduced the MC58 was considered a step up from the Core line's standard models: pattern profile neck with binding, artist grade top and the (at the time) new pickups 57/08 - they sound great on this example. It also has the V12 nitro, which in this example has not really led to issues. This guitar has clearly been used often, the hardware has developed a bit of a patina in areas of frequent contact, and has picked up a number of small dings around the body, the biggest of which (aprox 2cm across) has been repaired. The body is clean and a joy to play, and the locking tuners work perfectly.

It also has Mr. PRS's signature on the back. Your call whether that's a plus or a minus ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yamaha SA2200 - £1050 SOLD
An interesting guitar I picked up in the forum one year ago, this is a Yamaha SA2200 from its first year. From the Yamaha R&D sticker in the back it is likely this was one of the first copies sent to artists to get feedback when creating the new model. This would place position the guitar as a 1992 model. For a 30 year guitar this is in good condition, with a number of small dings here and there; one of the tuners has lost its cap but its always worked fine so I've never looked for a replacement. The ebony fretboard is a thing of beauty - so dark and smooth.

A very nice semi-hollow with the extra of an interesting story of the R&D sticker, and at 1/3rd of what a regular ES335 would cost. Value

Strandberg Boden Prog NX6 £1200 SOLD

I got this dark thing a couple of years ago direct from Strandberg. At the time I was dealing with persistent pain on my left wrist and I read someone posting in a forum how the Enduraneck had helped them with their tendinitis. As Lincoln once said, everything written on the Internet is true. I was also a bit interested in the philosophy of the design: take away anything that is unnecessary and rebuild the electric guitar from scratch.

The Prog model in particular is chambered, comes with Suhr pickups as standard instead of the OEM, and a richlite fretboard with slightly fanned stainless steel frets. I really like the small touches it has, such as he recessed jack plate or the tactile texture of the metallic controls. This guitar comes with the Strandberg strap (which is great! but only on Strandbergs...) and has barely no marks anywhere in the body.

Squier Telecaster Classic Vibe £200 GONE

You really don't need anything more than this to play music. This guitar is well built, lightweight, sounds as it should, and costs less than some pedals. The color is challenging to capture with the phone camera - it's a bit more yellow than the pic below, but not as mustard as the other pics in the gallery. Since this guitar is so cheap, I'd prefer collection - but happy to discuss.

Happy to post at cost, or to do collection in London. I'm also happy to discuss trades.

(A couple more potential sales once I have time for some pics: a Tyler suprestrat and a Music Man Valentine)

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    superb example that one
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sergiosergio Frets: 116
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    10-month-bump plus additions
    And up
  • HydraHydra Frets: 20
    edited January 29
    The Strandberg database says that serial number was "B stock", do you know the reason why?
    Mmh not really - it was bought as a refurb, but they don't give out detailed reasons.
    Bump
    Squier sold, Strandberg on hold, rest available (some on eBay)
    Back up top.
  • RedFalconRedFalcon Frets: 173
    PM’d
    Bump for two nice guitars