Philip Sayce uk tour oh yeah! Anyone else going?

What's Hot

Comments

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 794
    Just me then.

Tumble weed whizzes through. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    I’d go see him live (I think he’d be a good live act)but he seems to be doing his best to avoid the Midlands so probably not. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • allenallen Frets: 712
    Just got my tickets. It's in November but this is a gig I've been looking forward to for a few years.

Nearest thing to seeing SRV without being dead.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I’d love to see him live, absolute monster of a blues player. I love his debut album, got another album that I couldn’t get on with, but live he is on fire - seen a lot of YouTube stuff. He’s probably not playing anywhere I can get to, no venues anywhere near me and I can’t be assed with the travel in my old age.
    Just checked, only £22! A bloody steal! Annoyingly the only venue I could attend without too much hassle is London, but it has to be a weekday for me and London is Saturday.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    allen said:
    Just got my tickets. It's in November but this is a gig I've been looking forward to for a few years.

Nearest thing to seeing SRV without being dead.
    Ditto!! 

Was lucky enough to see Kenny Wayne Shepherd last week. Derek Trucks last year.  I'm ticking them off of my list. 
  • ghadghad Frets: 48
    I'm off with me Dad to the Leeds gig. We've been waiting for this one for years!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    axisus said:
    Just checked, only £22! A bloody steal! Annoyingly the only venue I could attend without too much hassle is London, but it has to be a weekday for me and London is Saturday.
    Superb! 
    ghad said:
    I'm off with me Dad to the Leeds gig. We've been waiting for this one for years!
    Happy days 
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1359
    When you do see him be sure to take your earplugs.
    Word on the street is the guy likes to play thru cranked amps.
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    CaseOfAce said:
    That's why I'm going tbh. 

Actually was surprised Kenny Wayne Shepherd wasn't louder considering he had a 4x10 bassman and 2 DRRI combos on stage. I could hear what the guy next to me was saying. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6725
    All over this. cheers. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    All over this. cheers. 
    Brilliant
    CaseOfAce said:
    I had to laugh (in a good way!) watching a Sayce live song a few months ago on YouTube - I think he was looking for super subtlety in a small venue and in the middle of a song he wound his volume right off and continued playing, with the slightest twang of strings just about audible! Not seen that before!

Here it is, at about 3.30, but the whole track is well worth a listen ...

• JonnyBgoodeJonnyBgoode Frets: 118
    Yeah, saw the tour dates on Facebook recently. Chewing it over -two hour drive to Bristol is the nearest for me. My favourite player though and one of the main reasons I got into Strats.
  • Went to KWS also a couple of weeks ago and was very good indeed, was a bit unclear what was with those seats. I expected the standing tickets to be in front of the stage just like with the Christone Ingram Kingfish show which was last year at the same venue. I got also the Sayce tickets now, tomorrow there is the Matt Schofield at Ronnie Scott's and in a couple of weeks there is that royal albert hall jeff beck tribute with Derek Trucks and Gary Clark Jr. so I can tick those off my list, though I am pretty sure it's not the same as a full concert.
    Anyway, very excited to see Sayce so close in person in November as the videos when he plays small venues are unbelievable.
    Yeah, saw the tour dates on Facebook recently. Chewing it over -two hour drive to Bristol is the nearest for me. My favourite player though and one of the main reasons I got into Strats.
    Yer that’s quite a drive for a gig.  Airbnb?
    axisus said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    I had to laugh (in a good way!) watching a Sayce live song a few months ago on YouTube - I think he was looking for super subtlety in a small venue and in the middle of a song he wound his volume right off and continued playing, with the slightest twang of strings just about audible! Not seen that before!

Here it is, at about 3.30, but the whole track is well worth a listen ...

This tune is what got me hooked on Sayce. Beautiful 
    Went to KWS also a couple of weeks ago and was very good indeed, was a bit unclear what was with those seats. I expected the standing tickets to be in front of the stage just like with the Christone Ingram Kingfish show which was last year at the same venue. I got also the Sayce tickets now, tomorrow there is the Matt Schofield at Ronnie Scott's and in a couple of weeks there is that royal albert hall jeff beck tribute with Derek Trucks and Gary Clark Jr. so I can tick those off my list, though I am pretty sure it's not the same as a full concert.
    Anyway, very excited to see Sayce so close in person in November as the videos when he plays small venues are unbelievable.
    Wow that’s quite a cool list. Gutted to not get tickets for the Jeff Buck tribute. 

I did see Derek Trucks at the Palladium last November with the Tedeschi Trucks band.  Was an amazing gig. 
  • JonnyBgoodeJonnyBgoode Frets: 118
    Neilybob said:
    Yer that’s quite a drive for a gig.  Airbnb?
    Hmm tempting. 22 quid is just stupid cheap for the finest rock blues player on the planet. I mean shit, we have local tribute bands nudging that kind of fee.