Post your dream 5-pedal board

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27064
    I don't think I have a single do-all "dream setup" but... 

Current bass board: 
    1. Shure wireless receiver/tuner
    2. Origin Cali76 Bass
    3. Boss OC5
    4. EP Booster
    5. Origin Bassrig SVT
    Current guitar board: 
    1. PT mini
    2. Jan Ray
    3. custom (less noisy and no volume drop) Small Stone clone
    4. Origin Revival Compact
    5. Strymon Deco
    Potential 5-pedal board from stuff at home:
    1. Thorpy BC108 Fallout
    2. Spaceman Polaris
    3. Asheville ACV-1 Chorus/Vibrato
    4. Asheville ADG-1 Delay
    5. Strymon Volante 
    I think that would be a fun combo. Otherwise I'd switch the Volante for something chewy like the Origin Magma
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • willowillo Frets: 383

Me too. I also sold an EHX 16 Second Digital Delay around the same time as the Moogerfooger. I saw one in a shop recently  :s
    Oh, you are kidding, me too! I bought the EHX from Hot Rox for (I think?) around 200 in 2005ish. Sold it for about the same a year later. I don't even want to look at the prices now.

I also turned down a Klon, a ZenDrive, and a KoT. So that's all gone well for me. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
    willo said:

Me too. I also sold an EHX 16 Second Digital Delay around the same time as the Moogerfooger. I saw one in a shop recently  :s
    Oh, you are kidding, me too! I bought the EHX from Hot Rox for (I think?) around 200 in 2005ish. Sold it for about the same a year later. I don't even want to look at the prices now.

I also turned down a Klon, a ZenDrive, and a KoT. So that's all gone well for me. :)
    Can I ask if there's anything you'd played recently that you've decided to pass on? Just want to get in before the prices skyrocket ;-)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • willowillo Frets: 383
    willo said:

Can I ask if there's anything you'd played recently that you've decided to pass on? Just want to get in before the prices skyrocket ;-)
    Haha! My top tip would be a Gibson LP Studio in platinum. I sold mine in 2004? I think they made very few. So that's bound to be worth about a million quid once we find out Joe Bonamassa bought them all.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6708

Sabbadius Funky Vibe
    Dustin Francis Ivor Fuzz Face
    Chicago Iron Octavia
    Some type of drive pedal no idea maybe the latest Duellist
    SA Collider 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 783
    Probably cheating, but what the hell. I'll cut down my current pedalboard.

Boss ES-5
    Elektron Analog Drive
    Line 6 M5 
    Sonuus Voluum 
    Boss DD-500

Dirt and delay is the bread and butter. The M5 can cover modulation, reverbs, pitch shifting etc. The Voluum does compression, tremolo and various volume-related stuff, but also transmits MIDI CC data for use as an expression pedal. I'll use the extra loop on the ES-5 for 4CM connection to my amp.

Oh, and both the M5 and the Voluum have built in tuners. I'll see which one I like better.
    Having recently bought a Boss ES-5 I can see me going down the Sonuus/M5 route. Or maybe the new Line 6 POD Express.  
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1138
    Barber Ltd, Thorpy Pulse Doppler, flashback 2, ge fuzz face and odr-1
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3468
    SD-1
    DS-1
    CH-1
    RC-3

And a DD- something or other when I have some pennies to spare.
    Oh, and maybe a board.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • FezFez Frets: 525
    Option one:
    Korg tuner
    TC hypergravity compressor mini
    Thorpy Gunshot
    Boss DD 3T
    Ibanez phaser

If I could do without a tuner then spark mini after the gunshot.

Option two: ampless
    Tuner
    Compressor
    Laney loud pedal
    Flashback2 , Ibanez phaser - in the loop

Don't touch that dial.
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 854
    This is my current board.
    The three covered up are a tuner...replace with a clip on and the other two not currently used.
    The Box of rock is the best gain pedal I've ever plugged into my AC50, the Timmy gives me fantastic leads/boost tones and really enjoying the latest addition of the DMM nano.

‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5151
    edited March 7
    Neilybob said:

Boss ES-5
    Elektron Analog Drive
    Line 6 M5 
    Sonuus Voluum 
    Boss DD-500

Dirt and delay is the bread and butter. The M5 can cover modulation, reverbs, pitch shifting etc. The Voluum does compression, tremolo and various volume-related stuff, but also transmits MIDI CC data for use as an expression pedal. I'll use the extra loop on the ES-5 for 4CM connection to my amp.

Oh, and both the M5 and the Voluum have built in tuners. I'll see which one I like better.
    Having recently bought a Boss ES-5 I can see me going down the Sonuus/M5 route. Or maybe the new Line 6 POD Express.  

I'm thinking of swapping the M5s out for something like an HXFX or HX Stomp- you can use their insert loops to put effects in two different places in the signal chain just like you can with two M5s. A Stomp might also make the whole thing capable of going ampless if I think it through properly, and would free up some pedalboard space...

The POD Express doesn't have MIDI, so I can't see it working so well for me- having MIDI doing a lot of the work is a big part of what I like about having the ES-5. YMMV, of course.

If you haven't already, check out TheGuacamoleXplosion's videos on Youtube. Lots of really helpful stuff about how to get the most out of the ES-5, M5 and Sonuus Voluum. His fault I bought all three!

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 452
    My current board:

Latent Lemon Hurts - Lovepedal Amp 11 - Strymon Deco - Lovepedal Echobaby - Beetronics Buzzter 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    Cornish G2
    Cornish GC1
    Kingsley Page
    TC SCF
    Cornish TES.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    I don't use pedals anymore and when I did it was only 3 but if I could have 5 it'd be the Boss Tuner, Ibanez Tubescreamer, Xotic SP Compressor, Boss Delay and TC HOF Reverb.

Boss ES-5
    Elektron Analog Drive
    Line 6 M5 
    Sonuus Voluum 
    Boss DD-500

Having recently bought a Boss ES-5 I can see me going down the Sonuus/M5 route. Or maybe the new Line 6 POD 
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 366
    Mmn, tough one... I'm allowing for an external reverb tank or amp/trem in the amp...
    • Analogman Sunface
    • Cali76
    • Hudson Broadcast 24v
    • Greer Lightspeed
    • Boss DM-2
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 662
    Not again!  =)

Dirt
    Dirt
    Dirt
    Delay 
    Looper 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 323
    Currently I use an HX Stomp with a few additional pedals. But, assuming I'm playing into an amp ...

* Compressor: ThorpyFX Fat General, or Mad Professor Forest Green
    * Drive: Nobels ODR-1 (with bass cut) or the Nordland ODR-C
    * Modulation: some kind of Harmonic Tremolo, e.g. Harmonious Monk, or the SurfyTrem
    * Delay: something analogue-ish with modulation -- Delay Llama Extreme, or Skreddy Echo
    * Reverb: Neunaber Immerse 

If I wasn't playing into an amp ... as above, but:

* Modulation: Origin Effects Magma 57 or RevivalTrem
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22152
    https://i.imgur.com/9N0sXE8.png

Diamond Compressor Jr into SPX90 Reverse Gate pedal (bloody rare. One day I'll do a proper thread on it as it is shoegaze heaven). Skreddy Lunar Module Deluxe. Tim. Fractal FM3. Done. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Neilybob said:

Boss ES-5
    Elektron Analog Drive
    Line 6 M5 
    Sonuus Voluum 
    Boss DD-500

I'm thinking of swapping the M5s out for something like an HXFX or HX Stomp- you can use their insert loops to put effects in two different places in the signal chain just like you can with two M5s. A Stomp might also make the whole thing capable of going ampless if I think it through properly, and would free up some pedalboard space...

The POD Express doesn't have MIDI, so I can't see it working so well for me- having MIDI doing a lot of the work is a big part of what I like about having the ES-5. YMMV, of course.

If you haven't already, check out TheGuacamoleXplosion's videos on Youtube. Lots of really helpful stuff about how to get the most out of the ES-5, M5 and Sonuus Voluum. His fault I bought all three!

Brilliant! 

If you are letting go of the M5 hit me up! 

Now I want TheGuacamoleXplosion's board! Seems amazingly thought out and put together.  A swiss army knife board for sure!