Post your dream 5-pedal board

What's Hot

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    edited April 2023
    Assuming the brief means the "dream" setup is one without any restriction or practicality etc, then at the moment I'd like to go for the following. It's very changeable but the sounds in my head at the moment for my original stuff should work with these. I'm well aware that I could do all of these things with a good multi effects or could function perfectly well with a few generic Boss pedals etc but hey ho.

Assuming a Deluxe Reverb type amp.

1. MXR Dyna Comp, which some kind of mod done to make it less hissy, or something which does the Dyna Comp sound without the hiss, doesn't have to be MXR. Effectively use as a boost with some compression to even out my playing. Either to boost my drive sound into madness, or to give my clean  bit more jangle
    2. Digitech Whammy DT. For the usual Whammy octave up and down stuff but also that lovely Detune chorus thing
    3. Boss FZ2, or whichever one it is the Behringer Super Fuzz is a copy of
    4. Origin Effects Magma 57 or Deluxe 61, I think either would be fine. Slight preference for the very low settings of the vibrato on the Magma, but the normal trem on the Deluxe sounds useful also at more choppy settings. Two pedals in one, so kind of leaves my last slot free for something other than trem, and assuming the Deluxe Reverb amp I'd have the footswitch for reverb and trem on the amp anyway right?
    5. Electro Harmonix POG 2. Presets saved for the White Stripes Blue Orchid type octave stuff, but also a preset for something more organ like maybe with volume swells
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited April 2023
    As a serious compromise to my current 9-pedal board, the following would work for me but recently, I've been both impressed and inspired by Andy Wood's 3-4 pedal board video and would love to move to something like that but it would probably require dual pedals or a multi-fx/modeller.

So, this minus some pedals

Keeley Compressor
    Xotic EP Boost
    OCD V1.4
    Zoom MS-70 CDR
    Keeley Halo

• GrampaGrampa Frets: 947
    Mine is currently....

1. TC Polytune
    2. Keely Compressor Plus
    3. PC Tim V3
    4. TC SCF
    5. TC Hall of Fame 2

Into 633 Dragonfly RT

Can't see any reason to change anything in the foreseeable future. 
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • JotaJota Frets: 464
    This has been mine for the last two years so I guess I reached dream level!
    Hope the MIDI switcher and the aux switch doesn't count cause there's an ClinchFX Pico-Pre underneath.

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7164
    edited April 2023

There you go, stretching the rules as far as possible. Pedalplayground doesn’t have the MF104M delay, so I had to use the ring mod. 

MC6 to control the ML5, MF104M, Whammy and Mercury 7. Expression pedal routed to reverb and / or delay via ML5. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • willowillo Frets: 383

There you go, stretching the rules as far as possible. Pedalplayground doesn’t have the MF104M delay, so I had to use the ring mod. 

MC6 to control the ML5, MF104M, Whammy and Mercury 7. Expression pedal routed to reverb and / or delay via ML5. 
    I used to have one of those ring mods! Sold it for about what I paid for it. They've become a lot more expensive since then!
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7164
    willo said:

I used to have one of those ring mods! Sold it for about what I paid for it. They've become a lot more expensive since then!
    They have indeed. I’ve got the delay, and they go for daft cash 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72390
    Boss ME-70.

Well, it does have five pedals… four footswitches and an expression pedal :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3027
    edited April 2023
    Not really a ‘dream’ board but here”s a board of pedals I’m curious to try

Whammy V
    Ibanez 850 Overdrive
    T-Rex Mudhoney
    Maestro Comet Chorus
    Boss RV 3 Delay / Reverb

I’ve no idea quite how my interest gets piqued to try certain stuff and not others but that’s a board I’d like to try out. No doubt in 6 months that list will be completely different.
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
    Of my current pedals, I could happily do most things with:

EQD Night Wire (doing harmonic trem, phaser impressions and auto-wah)
    Proco Lil Rat
    Empress Germ Drive
    Red Panda Particle 
    EQD Disaster Transport Sr.

(Swapping the Night Wire out for an EQD Levitation for washed out shoegaze fun...)

Dream board, I'd very much like to try...

Hmmm, this is going to take some time actually, I'll come back.
  • UngulateUngulate Frets: 223
    Out of the current crowd:

Keeley Compressor +

Nordvang '83 Drive

Wampler Terraform

TC Flashback 2

EHX Oceans 11

• willo said:

Me too. I also sold an EHX 16 Second Digital Delay around the same time as the Moogerfooger. I saw one in a shop recently  :s
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 5 Metal Zones
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • edenfield99edenfield99 Frets: 349
    Current 5 pedalbaord

Formula B Mini Bender
    Jam Pedals Tubedreamer 88
    Jam Waterfall Chorus
    Jam Delay Llama
    Crazy Tube Circuits White Whale 

It actually has a Korg Mini Pitchblack on there but I can use a clip-on if I'm only allowed 5.

That is technically my mini(ish)-board but if I was to rearrange my pedals from my big board I would go with

Analogman Sunlion
    Hudson Broadcast 24V (although this one would get switched around a lot)
    Analogman ARDLX Delay
    Anasounds Element 
    Walrus Monument
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16296
    My micro board which occasionally gets plugged in is tuner+fuzz+low gain OD+delay+delay.

So, posh versions of those! Maybe a big box delay like the RE 202 and I could have a phaser as well. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    My actual board is

Diamond Compressor 
    Boss OD-3
    Mooer CE-2 clone./ Mooer Electric Mistress clone (depending on whether I'm feeling more like the Smiths or the Cure)
    El Capistan 
    Flint 

Covers pretty much everything I want - the harmonic trem in the Flint doubles as a sort of phaser, and El Capistan covers lo-fi sounds and messed up chorus sounds if necessary. 
  • soma1975 said:
    Miku
    Miku
    Miku
    Vertex boost
    Miku
    Ridiculous...who'd have a Vertex?!! ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Hmmm, im just starting my pedal journey, and assuming multi-fx are outside the spirit of the OP, this is my current small board
     Korg Tuner
    Old Blood Noise - Reflector (wierd chorusy thing)
    KMA - Astrospurt phaser
    Thorpy - Warthog
    Homebuilt stripboard Tremulus Lune tremolo.

If the tuner isnt one of the five, then either a MXR Carbon Copy or Redbeard HairySquid....

• joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Digitech Whammy, ProCo Rat, CBA Mood, Digitech Digidelay, Earthquaker Avalanche Run
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2900
    edited April 2023
    My current board is 5 pedals and does everything I need. But ideally I'd swap some of them for "nicer" things. Something like this would be cool

Tuner > Drybell Unit 67 > SD1 > DC2w > SA Collider