Rolf Harris

What's Hot

Comments

• We've got two paintings by his grandfather, which is a bit weird (my father in law bought them years ago). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3014
    Good riddance. May him and all his pedo ilk rot in hell.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It seems I grew up during Peak Paedo: Savile, Harris, Hall and many more. If only we'd heeded the warnings that were out there: 

I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    We've got two paintings by his grandfather, which is a bit weird (my father in law bought them years ago). 
     Can't you tell what they are?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Rolf was such a national institution over here, even though originally from Oz. All through my life he was around, doing stuff on TV. I was a fan all through the years. Boy was that a big fall from grace, who could have imagined what was going on behind the scenes. He was a much loved entertainer, but he threw it all away. Ultimately a scumbag, it almost pains me to say it, but facts are facts.

RIP - Rest in pain ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6693
    edited May 2023
    As a kid growing up with a certain amount of BBC in the house, Rolf Harris was often seen. I never found him entertaining but I also never put him in the "creepy f**ker" category that Savile went into on first sight. He was verging on the "so bad it's good" category but never quite made it, so he didn't get much viewing chez Merlin. 

His drawings were fun, although I did feel patronised by his "can you see what it is yet?"

Most of the time my brothers and I found ourselves laughing at him rather than with him. 

Rest in Purgatory. 

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9653
    Glitter next.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7207
    edited May 2023
    He came to my school once to give a presentation . He had a really dirty Mercedes IIRC and someone wrote Rolf is a cun* ‘ all over it in the dirt and let his tyres down in the school car park. Rolf apparently got angry and the headmaster went beserk but no one admitted to it.

I always wondered if that kid was some sort of 1980’s Bromley Nostradamus . Well played to the lad

7reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Dominic said:
    he was supposed to do that 2 weeks ago 
    Turns out I WAS right all along !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Roll up Roll up .......If anybody wants Lottery numbers you can PM me ..........only £50 for a line
    get in quick all they'll all be wanting them
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3014
    It seems I grew up during Peak Paedo: Savile, Harris, Hall and many more. If only we'd heeded the warnings that were out there: 

I wonder if there was some suspicion by the NTNOCN team with regards to his behaviour? Perhaps disguised a little to get past the BBC, disguised in trying to make it look like the kids were being forced to attend his shows rather than for being a sicko?

As with Savile, I'm guessing plenty of people suspected, and no doubt Pamela/Griff/Rowan and Mel were shrewd enough to still have a dig without making it obvious. Perhaps they felt a little dig might be enough to make him 'stop' ?  Of course they should've reported it if known for sure, but back then it would have been career suicide.

Nowadays I don't think a similar group of budding comedians would hesitate, thankfully.

Could all be coincidence of course! 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Dominic said:
    He did actually die 2 weeks ago, but the coroner has only just been able to tell who it is.....
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3911
    Can you tell what it is yet? 

Yeah, I can. It’s your dead body, ya filthy paedo.

Happy days  :3
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Dominic said:
    Dominic said:
    Turns out I WAS right all along !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Roll up Roll up .......If anybody wants Lottery numbers you can PM me ..........only £50 for a line
    get in quick all they'll all be wanting them
    You get all the numbers right as long as they're dead nonces
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18827

Tribute. noun (RESPECTFUL ACTION)

something that you say, write, or give that shows your respect and admiration for someone, especially on a formal occasion
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893

Tribute. noun (RESPECTFUL ACTION)

something that you say, write, or give that shows your respect and admiration for someone, especially on a formal occasion

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    Tannin said:
    Odd headline - are there paedophiles who haven't been disgraced? 
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1943
    scrumhalf said:
    Tannin said:
    Yep. A  certain lead guitarist of a legendary rock band from the late 60's and 70's. It's my favourite band and one of my favourite guitarists but I've always felt a bit uncomfortable about this side of him. She hasn't complained so no case to answer but still doesn't make it right. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72419
    He came to my school once to give a presentation . He had a really dirty Mercedes IIRC and someone wrote Rolf is a cun* ‘ all over it in the dirt and let his tyres down in the school car park. Rolf apparently got angry and the headmaster went beserk but no one admitted to it.

I always wondered if that kid was some sort of 1980’s Bromley Nostradamus .
    Or knew one of his victims…

scrumhalf said:

Savile. Died a free man without even being charged, despite all the evidence against him for decades. No justice at all for him.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10419
    I was dep'ing in a band in the early nineties that did a support slot at a gig where Harris was the star turn. I had a fond memory of the comedy of watching a wobble board being soundchecked but not now.

There's a doc on ITV, Hiding in plain site that's a pretty good account 
    www.2020studios.co.uk