Rolf Harris

What's Hot

Comments

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3337
    Dominic said:
    Dominic said:
    he was supposed to do that 2 weeks ago 
    Turns out I WAS right all along !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Roll up Roll up .......If anybody wants Lottery numbers you can PM me ..........only £50 for a line
    get in quick all they'll all be wanting them
    Makes you wonder why is was 13 days before announced....Which Royals were present at funeral I wonder?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11818
    Devil#20 said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Tannin said:
    Odd headline - are there paedophiles who haven't been disgraced? 
    Yep. A  certain lead guitarist of a legendary rock band from the late 60's and 70's. It's my favourite band and one of my favourite guitarists but I've always felt a bit uncomfortable about this side of him. She hasn't complained so no case to answer but still doesn't make it right. 
    Unfortunately that doesn't narrow it down much :-(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22954
    Offset said:
    Devil#20 said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Tannin said:
    Yep. A  certain lead guitarist of a legendary rock band from the late 60's and 70's. It's my favourite band and one of my favourite guitarists but I've always felt a bit uncomfortable about this side of him. She hasn't complained so no case to answer but still doesn't make it right. 
    It doesn't, but I think we've guessed who it is.  As Rolf would have said.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3222
    Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:
    Devil#20 said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Tannin said:
    It doesn't, but I think we've guessed who it is.  As Rolf would have said.
    I’m still amazed operation yew tree didn’t pull him in! For someone who was partial to a weighty ballon he seemed to float through that debacle.
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1943
    Bet Rolf wishes he'd got the name of Cliff Richards' solicitor when they started investigating him. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1026
    I feel sorry for his daughter, can't have been nice for her. 
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 559
    edited June 2023
    I read that there is a belief shared by some that Rolf was innocent and that the whole Trial was a huge miscarriage of justice, if that's even remotely true, then his daughter will be heartbroken, as I'm sure she is anyway . .  Either way, what a fall from grace ! ! Rolf was such a high profile Celebrity during my childhood . . . .

I'm sure there are many other celebrity nonces' as well as non celebrity nonces' hiding in plain sight . . . its so annoying that there names are kept from the papers & media and that so often their crimes are only revealed after their death. That said, it must be horrific for people who are wrongly accused who have their names leaked . . 

I often remember back when I was 18 years old ( in 1980 ) and a good friend at the time (Tony Welsh) knew a lad who had been taken into care for a while in Rochdale. The young chap told Tony that Cyril Smith was a nonce, and more importantly he told Tony that Cyril Smith's behaviour was well known to many, even to the Police . .

Cyril Smith died in 2010 aged 82 and then In April 2014, it was reported that there had been over 140 complaints against Smith from victims as young as eight years of age. . . . . How can that be ??? 

Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842

Tribute. noun (RESPECTFUL ACTION)

something that you say, write, or give that shows your respect and admiration for someone, especially on a formal occasion
    There’s another kind of tribute, apparently.. :o
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Offset said:
    Devil#20 said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Tannin said:
    There were loads of them, apparently, up to the hilt in the same underage groupies.. pretty much an open secret, at the time, and since..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• maw4neu said:
    I read that there is a belief shared by some that Rolf was innocent and that the whole Trial was a huge miscarriage of justice, if that's even remotely true, then his daughter will be heartbroken, as I'm sure she is anyway . .  Either way, what a fall from grace ! ! Rolf was such a high profile Celebrity during my childhood . . . .

I'm sure there are many other celebrity nonces' as well as non celebrity nonces' hiding in plain sight . . . its so annoying that there names are kept from the papers & media and that so often their crimes are only revealed after their death. That said, it must be horrific for people who are wrongly accused who have their names leaked . . 

I often remember back when I was 18 years old ( in 1980 ) and a good friend at the time (Tony Welsh) knew a lad who had been taken into care for a while in Rochdale. The young chap told Tony that Cyril Smith was a nonce, and more importantly he told Tony that Cyril Smith's behaviour was well known to many, even to the Police . .

Cyril Smith died in 2010 aged 82 and then In April 2014, it was reported that there had been over 140 complaints against Smith from victims as young as eight years of age. . . . . How can that be ??? 

David Steel knew but said he didn't think it was his responsibility to do anything. 
  • usedtobe said:

Tribute. noun (RESPECTFUL ACTION)

something that you say, write, or give that shows your respect and admiration for someone, especially on a formal occasion
    There’s another kind of tribute, apparently.. :o
    Not that i know of. WTAF would make anyone post a tribute to a piece of **** like him?
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12395
    maw4neu said:

David Steel knew but said he didn't think it was his responsibility to do anything. 
    That should be an imprisonable act in itself and is surely?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckee said:
    maw4neu said:

That should be an imprisonable act in itself and is surely?
    Should be but he is, or more accurately was, a politician, so the same rules apply to David Steele as Cyril Smith. The only difference is that David Steele is living in the Scottish Borders on a fat pension care of the tax payer.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    RobDavies said:
    I heard that his family had his ashes scattered in the sea.

In between two little buoys.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Paul_C said:
    munckee said:
    Dominic said:
    Am I a few days early ?
    So you want to leave a tribute for a not dead paedophile?

Thats original I’ll give you that.  

ephebophile, not paedophile

I'd suggest that neither are appropriate terms as they qualify sexual offending against children as attraction; abusing others who have not or are not able to give their consent isn't on a par with fancying Doreen who works behind the bar at the Dog and Duck. Harris was a convicted sex offender (or sexual offender) who's victims included children. 

I have one of his books somewhere, we played one of his songs at my father's funeral, I remember being reduced to tears watching him on Animal Hospital. I feel some sense of personal resentment towards him, that he let me down  But obviously that's all very slight compared to what he did to his victims and how devastated his family must have been. I don't think it's surprising that some people are in denial at what he did, it's an unsurprising reaction as a way to make sense of it. We should be mourning the loss of a beloved entertainer but it turns out he was a man who peppered his life with abusive acts. Sad.  
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1440
    edited June 2023
    proggy said:
    RobDavies said:

Joking about paedophilia is generally poor form.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    nero1701 said:
    proggy said:
    RobDavies said:

Firstly, it wasn't a joke about paedophilia, it was a pun on his hit song.

Secondly, I couldn't care less what you think.
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1440
    proggy said:
    nero1701 said:
    proggy said:
    RobDavies said:

Firstly, it wasn't a joke about paedophilia, it was a pun on his hit song.

Secondly, I couldn't care less what you think.
    We're all entitled to our own opinion, but, obviously you cared enough to respond.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11818
    Probably time to bury this thread along with its' subject.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom