Dunable

What's Hot
ewalewal Frets: 2583
I was watching a Russian Circles video and was wondering what the guitar was. I think it was one of these. Oh my. Very nice....

https://dunableguitars.com/products/cyclops
The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ewalewal Frets: 2583
    Since when did metalhead guitars get so tasteful???
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    I've been interested in the DE Cyclops for a while now, I love how they look. Especially the silverburst ones Coda had about a year or 2 ago. The R2 looks awesome too.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22856
    edited May 2023
    I really like the fact that they're primarily aimed at rock and metal players, and they definitely have their own style, but from a personal point of view I don't find the designs particularly attractive.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3050
    I really like these myself. Never plugged one in but did feel a few when visiting Coda Music in the past. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Bit like the Revstar.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    I like the Gnarwhal, cos I like Mosrites. Would like to try one someday but probably more than I’d pay.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3495
    edited May 2023
    Philly_Q said:
    I really like the fact that they're primarily aimed at rock and metal players, and they definitely have their own style, but from a personal point of view I don't find the designs particularly attractive.
    Do you know anything about the company? The owner started off playing in a metal band and made guitars on the side, then over the last few years have gone from strength to strength in the metal circle. Lots of bands seem to be playing them.

They seem to be 'made by metal musicians for metal musicians'.  Sacha Dunable was a tech for the most recent Tool album as well.  His band Intronaut are a decent enough band from what I recall. 
    ewal said:
    Do you like Torche at all? 

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    All 25.5 scale?
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3495
    All 25.5 scale?
    Yes. Different scales can be ordered though.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22856
    edited May 2023
    Philly_Q said:
    Do you know anything about the company? The owner started off playing in a metal band and made guitars on the side, then over the last few years have gone from strength to strength in the metal circle. Lots of bands seem to be playing them.

Well yes, I did know that, but they still don't appeal to me!  Just personal opinion! 

If I have to pin it down, they all look a bit hard/sharp around the edges for my taste.  Especially the headstocks.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11704
    I can't say I'm a fan of the looks, and I'm not too sure why.

Ho hum.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    I like the cyclops models. I couldn’t even pronounce their pickup names. 
    I think it was the Gnarwhal that Mike Sullivan was playing.

Agree that the Revstar and Sensei are in the same ballpark. All guitars that appeal to me because they combine modern with traditional in a good way.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I was thinking that I wasn’t that keen on them, but then I looked at the bottom right brown one with the bigsby and thought hell yeah!
    Philly_Q said:

They seem to be 'made by metal musicians for metal musicians'.  Sacha Dunable was a tech for the most recent Tool album as well.  His band Intronaut are a decent enough band from what I recall. 
    ewal said:
    Do you like Torche at all? 

No. It was this session that brought me Dunable to my attention. 

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    edited December 2023
    Bumping an old thread here. My friend Nick who plays in Elder has a couple, and they're really nice, including a newer Gnarwahl and an older Yeti. The build quality is great and I think they're good value. I will probably custom order a Minotaur next year. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DoveholesDoveholes Frets: 137
    edited March 13
    My turn to bump this old thread as I just had my second Dunable arrive today. I brought the Cyclops back from a trip to the US in late 2022. The Yeti popped up on Ebay but I ended up purchasing it from the seller direct. Suffice to say, I love these guitars. I play in a heavy-ish band and the Cyclops is tuned to Drop C, which it feels great for.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1125
    I love the look of these. Going to Coda at some point to take a look. 
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Bill Kelliher plays them too, mostly a Gnarwhal but I think I've seen him play the R2 as well.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    I got a Dunable DE Cyclops about eighteen months ago. It looks the business (well, it did before I chipped the headstock at a gig) and it is probably one of the most comfortable guitars I’ve ever played. It’s light, but not too light, and the neck is a dream. 

I still prefer my Epi Les Paul though (w/ SD Distortion in the bridge). It just sounds so much more beefier.

Think I’ll just change the bridge pickup in my Dunable and see where I go from there.