Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Western Jam 7th October 2023 @ Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2205
    edited June 2023
    Neilybob said:

...Put me down for Hard to Handle and I Believe in a thing called love on Bass. 
    Great that means we have a full lineup for for 'Hard To Handle' and 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love'. You can borrow my bass, if you don't get your bass fixed in time.

Updated list below.

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 809
    Loving all of the blue. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1731
    Morning all,

Hope everyone is enjoying the sun?

Please could we stick Just What I Needed by The Cars on the list? - I'd like to have a crack at that one.

I'd love to have a bash at guitar on Hard to Handle as well if thats OK?

If we end up having a few multiple run throughs of some of the others, maybe I can have a go at a couple of those as well? - theres plenty of time for that though :)

Cheers all,
    Ben.

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4595
    Stick me down for vox on Let's Dance and lead on Die Laughing again, and rhythm on Hell's Bells and For Whom the Bell Tolls.  
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

edited June 2023
    Here's an update based on the posts by @Bennyboy-UK and @Jonathangus ;;;

The boxes in red just need that one role filling to allow us to play the song.

It's not a competition.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10895
    I'll take bass on Let's Dance :-)
    I can take vocals on those three reds too. I don't expect I will make the Motley Crue ones sound at all pleasant, though I suppose it would be a struggle to do a worse job than present day Vince Neil
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:
    I can take vocals on those three reds too. I don't expect I will make the Motley Crue ones sound at all pleasant, though I suppose it would be a struggle to do a worse job than present day Vince Neil
    Would it help if we tuned to D standard for the Motley Crue tracks, like the originals. How does @Vibetronic feel about detuning the D standard? It's no problem for me on bass.

It's not a competition.
    edited June 2023
    roberty said:
    Would it help if we tuned to D standard for the Motley Crue tracks, like the originals. How does @Vibetronic feel about detuning the D standard? It's no problem for me on bass.

Most of my guitars are in D, and both basses if that helps

Otherwise the Helix can detune AFAIK
    edited June 2023
    roberty said:
    roberty said:

First we need to check with @Vibetronic who's down for lead guitar on the Motley Crew tracks. IIRC his guitars are set up for his hyperspeed, face melting, playing, so I'm not sure how they'd take detuning to D standard.

It's not a competition.
    roberty said:
    roberty said:

First we need to check with @Vibetronic who's down for lead guitar on the Motley Crew tracks. IIRC his guitars are set up for his hyperspeed, face melting, playing, so I'm not sure how they'd take detuning to D standard.

I expect the strings would lie flat against the frets under reduced tension :-)
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    roberty said:
    roberty said:
    roberty said:

I can set one up for D if that's easier - although you have a great voice and I'm sure you can do a decent Vince Neil in standard :) I'm easy really!
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 544
    roberty said:
    roberty said:
    roberty said:

I can set one up for D if that's easier - although you have a great voice and I'm sure you can do a decent Vince Neil in standard :) I'm easy really!
    Not even Vince Neil can do a decent Vince Neil !
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 544
    Happy to do vocals or Rhythm guitar on Just what I needed.

edited June 2023
    I've updated the list based on recent posts.

I've merged some into one box, where there are multiple options for a role, to reduce the number of times I need to list certain songs. We'll cover the multiple options by doing multiple run throughs.

Let me know if anyone spots any errors or things I've missed.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 90
    As it turns out I can make this, so will have a think about what tracks to propose.... 
    Brocco said:
    As it turns out I can make this, so will have a think about what tracks to propose.... 
    Happy days! 
    100 days to go!!!! 

Anymore song suggestions? 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 90
    How about the recently released version of I've Got To Use My Imagination by Marc Broussard (with Joe Bonamassa and Josh Smith)?

There is a good YT video but I've forgotten how to post one - help!
    Brocco said:
    How about the recently released version of I've Got To Use My Imagination by Marc Broussard (with Joe Bonamassa and Josh Smith)?

There is a good YT video but I've forgotten how to post one - help!
    If you plonk the YouTube URL into a post the forum magic will do the rest :-)