Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Western Jam 7th October 2023 @ Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4134
    @fastonebaz, you should come to the jam and play it yourself.

I'm not able to I'm afraid :confounded: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4134
    @Vibetronic, oooh you could have a crack at the obscenely OTT solo I wrote for Basket Case :lol: 

Haha, that’s a wicked solo and I’m certainly not going to try and copy it!! I’ve been playing this song in covers bands almost since it came out so not volunteering for that reason too  =)
    I cover it in my band too, fun song to play.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 544
    Happy to sing and play Rhythm guitar on the other run through of Basket Case. 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2204
    edited July 2023
    bobblehat said:
    Happy to sing and play Rhythm guitar on the other run through of Basket Case. 
    That gives one complete line-up for Basket Case.

Updated list below.

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4172
    edited July 2023
    Put me down for rythm on La Grange and Call Me The Breeze please, I’ll be there - my first ‘live’ jam in about 8 yrs mrgreen 

*edit* and bass for For Whom The Bell Tolls please, and for either of the two above if that helps fill them out instead of a second guitar?

*double edit* what’s with the double-entries on some songs btw?
    edited July 2023

...*double edit* what’s with the double-entries on some songs btw?...
    The double entries allow for more than one run-through of the same song, with some changes to who's playing in the various roles.

It's just intended to be a rough indication, because, on the day, we can chop and change roles as much as we like, once we've got enough people to actually get through the song. Any song entries that don't get enough roles to get through the song will be dropped as we get closer to the date.

On that point (based on your post above), I've now got you down to play rhythm guitar on one run through of 'La Grange' and 'Call Me The Breeze' and also included another entry with you down on bass. There are are now double entries for those two songs, as obviously you can't play both guitar and bass. 

I've also added you on bass for 'For Whom The Bell Tolls'.

As we get closer, there are various people that can jump in on either guitar or bass, where those roles need filling, or if someone drops out. I'm holding off at volunteering for more roles at the moment, because I don't want to over commit to learning masses of songs, where someone else might be able to fill that role.

Hopefully that makes sense

btw. We just need a Vocals for 'Call Me The Breeze' to have a full line-up to get through that song.

Updated song list below:

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 89
    Apologies if I have missed it, but do we have a confirmed venue?
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 809
    Brocco said:
    Apologies if I have missed it, but do we have a confirmed venue?
    Not yet but happy to discuss what people prefer. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6921
    I’d prefer Factory as the back line equipment was better, and room acoustics were easier to prevent feedback, but understand that it can’t be booked until 4 weeks before and might not be free.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    We just need a Vocals for 'Call Me The Breeze' to have a full line-up to get through that song.

I'll have a bash at singing this one . Never heard it before but seems simple enough.
    I'll update the list as soon, as I can. Bit busy at the moment.
    It's not a competition.
    @stratman3142 please could you add me as rhythm on one of the run throughs of Just What I Needed
    edited July 2023
    Here's an updated song list based on updates from @bobblehat and ;;

So we've now got a full line up for one run through of Call Me The Breeze. Also, there are a few options for multiple run throughs of Just What I Needed.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 809
    Top job @stratman3142 ;
    Here's an updated song list based on updates from @bobblehat and @ 

So we've now got a full line up for one run through of Call Me The Breeze. Also, there are a few options for multiple run throughs of Just What I Needed.

https://i.imgur.com/7lByOql.png

Put me down for Rhythm guitar on Call me the breeze too .There's not a huge amount of singing so it will give me something to do while the other two are noodling away  =)
    ^ in that case I’ll just cover bass on it and we can do the single playthrough :)
    ^ in that case I’ll just cover bass on it and we can do the single playthrough :)
    A kind offer. But we need multiple run throughs of some songs to fill out the day. If we don't get any other takers, I'll play bass on one run through, so you can have a go at guitar.

It's not a competition.
    Throwing my hat in the ring for rhythm on Hard To Handle 
    edited July 2023
    Brocco said:
    Throwing my hat in the ring for rhythm on Hard To Handle 
    I've added you to the list. I've just doubled up the rhythm guitar role on Hard To Handle, to avoid writing out the same song too many times. So we can either do multiple runs throughs or have multiple rhythm guitarists depending on how we feel at the jam.

I've put @bobblehat down on rhythm guitar on Call Me The Breeze. I've also added myself on bass on one run through, so @guitargeek62 can have a go on guitar and bass if he wants to.

It's not a competition.
    I'm happy to give Symphony a try on bass to fill that one out. The lines seem easy enough although I don't know the song too well - good thing I've got a couple of months to learn eh? :mrgreen: