Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Western Jam 7th October 2023 @ Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• roberty said:
    Brocco said:
    Neilybob said:
    Brocco said:
    Now the list has been reduced, does anyone have any suggestions for other songs?

Hot Blooded (Foreigner)

The Boys Are Back In Town 
    What tuning are you going for ? I think The Boys Are Back in Town is originally in Eb turning and Hot Blooded is in E standard tuning. 
    We could play The Boys Are Back in standard or Eb, but as @stratman3142 suggests, perhaps we should go with whatever works best for whoever is on vocals  
    If I'm singing I can sing in either key. Higher is probably easier to be honest

So should I put you down for vocals on The Boys Are Back In Town?

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 91
    roberty said:
    Brocco said:
    Now the list has been reduced, does anyone have any suggestions for other songs?

Hot Blooded (Foreigner)

OK I'll add them to the list at the next update. Are you putting yourself down for lead or second (rhythm) guitar for those? Although we'll need dual lead for the Thin Lizzy guitar harmonies.

I can do bass an vocals for Thin Lizzy 
    Sorry @roberty, I somehow missed this post!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10912
    roberty said:
    Brocco said:
    Neilybob said:
    Brocco said:

Hot Blooded (Foreigner)

What tuning are you going for ? I think The Boys Are Back in Town is originally in Eb turning and Hot Blooded is in E standard tuning. 
    We could play The Boys Are Back in standard or Eb, but as @stratman3142 suggests, perhaps we should go with whatever works best for whoever is on vocals  
    If I'm singing I can sing in either key. Higher is probably easier to be honest

So should I put you down for vocals on The Boys Are Back In Town?

Yes please do
  • OK. I'll include things in the next update.
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 839
    We are about 9 weeks out now. 

How early can we book the studio and which studio are we booking? 

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 91
    Found this tab for The Boys Are Back in standard tuning:

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/thin-lizzy/the-boys-are-back-in-town-tabs-905371
  • Put me down for rythm on Dr Feelgood please, that’s a fun one to play :)
  • Here's an updated song list. Let me know if there are any errors or I've missed anything.

Dr Feelgood: @guitargeek62 added on 2nd/rhythm guitar.

Call Me The Breeze: I'm not sure what's happening with @Bertie, as he's taking a break. I could cover lead guitar on that one if necessary. So I've put us both down. But it means we may not be able to do the run through with me on bass, unless someone wants to cover possible lead.  Could @Bobblehat or @guitargeek62 move from 2nd guitar to possible lead? It's only a 12 bar in A so we should be able to blag our way through the basic song, without the niceties if necessary.

La Grange: This is back in the list assuming we can get a drummer for it. @roberty on vocals and guitar and @guitargeek62 was previously down for bass.

Hot Blooded: Added to the list with @Neilybob on lead and @Brocco on rhythm (2nd guitar)

The Boys Are Back In Town: Added to the list. @roberty on vocals and bass. @Neilybob on lead guitar and @Brocco on rhythm (2nd) guitar). We just need a drummer for this one.

It's not a competition.
  • @stratman3142 - I'm not sure that anyone would want to hear my blagging of any kind of lead really - I'm happy to chop away at loosey goosey ("mojo") rhythm or tight-ish bass though, apologies :mrgreen:
  • @stratman3142 - I'm not sure that anyone would want to hear my blagging of any kind of lead really - I'm happy to chop away at loosey goosey ("mojo") rhythm or tight-ish bass though, apologies :mrgreen:
    No problem. We've got a full lineup for at least one run through, so we can let anyone else have a go if they want to on the day.
    It's not a competition.
  • It might be a little late to add one, but if anyone fancies chucking a Homme-related song (i.e. QOTSA, Kyuss, Them Crooked Vultures, etc) into the lineup then I'm game for pretty much anything and happy to cover rhythm, lead, or bass on them - though preferably something other than 'No One Knows' please!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    Hey folks...I was tagged originally but seems to have slipped under the radar...if I can, Ill attend on the day and chip in where I can, be good to catch up ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Neilybob said:
    Neilybob said:
    Cheers chaps. Front page up date.

@Onlyonbradders @Jonathangus do we have a drummer please? 
    Any update chaps?
    OK, I'm fairly sure Andy will be up for it.  Only trouble is, he's suffering from carpel tunnel, so drumming is off the table atm.  But hopefully October is far enough ahead that it'll be sorted by then.
    Probably going to have to sit this one out. Sorry all… a) my back and hips are not well at the mo and b) my wrist (don’t think carpal tunnel, more likely tendinitis or tenosynivitis) is not improving… I’ve not played drums for months at this point. 
  • Ah jeez, that sounds horrid - best of luck to you Bradders!
  • Really sorry to hear that @onlyonebradders, hope you get it sorted soon and make a full recovery.

It's not a competition.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 839
    Pants! Gonna miss you @onlyonebradders but recovery comes first. Hope to see you at the next one.  
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10912
    That sucks @onlyonebradders hope you're feeling more agile and less achey soon
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6963
    Sorry to hear that, Hope you recover soon Andy!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I think we might have to postpone this one until Andy is better, unless there are any other drummers. Any thoughts?

It's not a competition.
  • I could play cowbell?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom