The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27550

I'm not saying Kimi wasn't quick, but he wasn't at the front after a shit quali, didn't get a great start and got a puncture as a result.

He was better than Britney today, but I just don't see why people rate him so highly.
    The puncture wasn't his fault!

Yes he had a shit qualy, but after the puncture he went from last to 4th and was only 54s behind Seb at the end. 

He lost more than that with the puncture. He would have been on the podium.
    Piff! :p 

Still think he's over-rated. Happy to be proved wrong if it means an interesting season though :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Still think he's over-rated. Happy to be proved wrong if it means an interesting season though :)
    I think Coultard made a telling statement when he said Kimi gets no luck but that a good driver makes their own luck. He's been poor at qualifying as so ends up in the midfield where his driving style tends to see him get tagged/blocked and so forth. Kimi is quick in the right car.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:

I think Coultard made a telling statement when he said Kimi gets no luck but that a good driver makes their own luck. He's been poor at qualifying as so ends up in the midfield where his driving style tends to see him get tagged/blocked and so forth. Kimi is quick in the right car.
    That's exactly my point. Of course he's quick, but it feels like he's *always* in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was true at McLaren, it was true at Ferrari (he wouldn't have got the title had Fred or Ham had anyone else as a teammate in 2008) and it's still true now.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Well, if it's all true, he needs to be pensioned off a bit sharpish.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I think it's pretty cool he went off and did another motorsport for a bit. If only Kubica hadn't... Imagine him at Mercedes instead of Rosberg!
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    holnrew said:
    I think it's pretty cool he went off and did another motorsport for a bit. If only Kubica hadn't... Imagine him at Mercedes instead of Rosberg!
    He didn't 'go off', he was told by Ferrari to be anywhere else but in their car for the remainder of his contract.
    edited April 2015
    The Chinese Grand Prix looks like it could be interesting .. Hamilton fastest from Raikkonen in SP2. Hamilton's tyres aren't lasting very long compared to Vettel's though. Bugger all in it time wise between Hamilton, Raikkonen, Vettel and Ricciardo .. Britney was fifth. So both Ferrari's are at the top of the time sheets. We could have a race ...

Fretwired said:
    I think Nico is realising Lewis really has the measure of him, and moreso this year than last, and after 3 races it's beginning to look very one-sided. 

Ham to take the title in the USA, I reckon.
    Fretwired said:
    I think Nico is realising Lewis really has the measure of him, and moreso this year than last, and after 3 races it's beginning to look very one-sided. 

Ham to take the title in the USA, I reckon.
    Not sure .. I think Rosberg's on the way out at Merc and I think Hamilton's got a fight with Vettel. Max Verstappen looks like an amazing talent who could end up at Merc with Hamilton.

I think Renault are going to quit .. bad day for them with all those engines blowing up and with Honda going backwards its Mercedes all the way.

Not China-related, but a good piece on Kimi here:

http://www.wired.com/2015/04/ants-still-dead/
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11692
    tFB Trader
    Is there any way of navigating on the web to see a highlights of a race without being told the result first .
    I often want to watch a highlights (whether 10 mins or 30 mins) of a race I haven't yet seen and to actually have the excitement of not knowing the result first .

The BBC F1 page is the worst as it tells you the result right away and there is no way to avoid.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

edited April 2015
    FelineGuitars;593173" said:
    Is there any way of navigating on the web to see a highlights of a race without being told the result first .I often want to watch a highlights (whether 10 mins or 30 mins) of a race I haven't yet seen and to actually have the excitement of not knowing the result first .

The BBC F1 page is the worst as it tells you the result right away and there is no way to avoid.
    if you go in via www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer you should be able to search for F1 and get to whatever is available without seeing headlines :)
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24768
    Rosberg complaining that another driver didn't care about Rosberg's race?

What a whiny unrealistic tool. He's already lost the title with shite like that.

Hamilton is living in Rosberg's head, rent free.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7904
    this is apparently a pic from the post-race press conference, even if it isn't it sums things up pretty well :)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    That had to be one of the most boring races I've ever seen.

• stickersticker Frets: 869
    I think Britney's stroppy because he has realised that he's not racing Hamilton this season , but is racing Vettel and Raikkonen for the other steps on the podium.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12477
    edited April 2015
    Yup, what a whiney bitch. "Tell Lewis to speed up, I don't want to wreck my tyres". Jeez. Well why don't you just speed up and go race him Britney? Lewis would in your place.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12477
    chillidoggy;593700" said:
    That had to be one of the most boring races I've ever seen.
    I dunno. Seeing just how many different ways Maldonado could wreck his chances was quite fun.
    Good point, but as a Lotus-owner, he boils my piss.