The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Also, I thought Vettel did himself and his image a world of good with the doughnuts and celebration on Sunday.
    I agree. That has been the only bit of entertainment in the last four races.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    Fireman Sam Michael does seem to have an impact at every team he joins...
    He needs to go ASAP and for the FIA to fine Vettel for doing doughnuts what has become of F1 when a driver cant celebrate a championship win 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27594
    I have no problem with the fine- they could've given him way worse if they'd been by-the-book. The stewards have to follow the rules and the rules say the cars have to enter parc ferme after a race to prevent cheating. 25k is nothing for Vettel or RB, and the FIA know that too.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Vettel's been fined 25K by the FIA? That should just about pay for Jean Todt's leaving do.

• I guess he got more than 25k worth of cover for his sponsers , and a lot more street cred. Worth every penny. Btw just seen Rush as now entering two days without power at home! Brilliant film and brought back memories of that time for me.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    I guess he got more than 25k worth of cover for his sponsers , and a lot more street cred. Worth every penny.
    Vettel's sponsors will be rubbing their hands - the exposure on YouTube alone will be worth zillions of dollars not to mention the TV. BBC news showed him celebrating - far more interesting than the race itself.

Hamilton seems to have gone off the boil - I bet he's seeing his old girlfriend again ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    The rumour mill has started again, but how about this ... Brawn to McLaren in 2015 with Hamilton going with him. Vettel to Mercedes for an all German line-up.

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131

Hamilton seems to have gone off the boil - I bet he's seeing his old girlfriend again ...
    I think your right there she seems to slow him down :)

• Fretwired said:
     Vettel to Mercedes for an all German line-up.
    I can't see Vettel leaving Red Bull while they are still winning.  He will be chasing Shummys record and will want to be where the winning car is.

Fretwired said:
     Vettel to Mercedes for an all German line-up.
    I can't see Vettel leaving Red Bull while they are still winning.  He will be chasing Shummys record and will want to be where the winning car is.
    I think Red Bull will struggle with the new regulations next year and Newey has said he wants a new challenge and is interested in joining a UK America's Cup bid - he wants to design the world's fastest yacht.

• wibblewibble Frets: 1112
    More Red Bull doughnuts!

Less run off area this time though...

• Good day out at Quali yesterday. Shame for Lewis an Jenson but great do Webber.

This was my view; Hamilton moments before the off:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c90/stickyfiddle/A5738E3F-44D1-4FE1-90CC-3162A9CFD54C-8176-00000AEAE215D48E_zps70b79a2c.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Good day out at Quali yesterday. Shame for Lewis an Jenson but great do Webber.

This was my view; Hamilton moments before the off:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c90/stickyfiddle/A5738E3F-44D1-4FE1-90CC-3162A9CFD54C-8176-00000AEAE215D48E_zps70b79a2c.jpg
    Wow .. cool pic. Part of his suspension broke apparently. He been hitting the curbs pretty hard.

Will Ross Brawn go to McLaren?

Will Ross Brawn go to McLaren?

He says not, but I think it's possible. McLaren have had a poor year and next year is not going to be much better as they will get the Mercedes customer engine package [they are currently treated the same way as the Mercedes team with indise help and technicians]. I can see heads rolling at the top with McLaren's Middle Eastern backers wanting someone with a proven track record in charge. Brawn's not a fan of Honda though.

However, the obvious place for him to go would be back to Ferrari to hook up with Alonso.

Heads rolling?

Whitmarsh. Please let it be Whitmarsh.

Heads rolling?

Whitmarsh. Please let it be Whitmarsh.

I think his days are numbered. Brawn would be good for McLaren and if Ferrari continue to do badly next year I could see Alonso wanting to jump ship. I can't see him wanting to take another beating from 'finger boy' ... :-)

Well that was boring ..... Hamilton's definitely losing the plot.

I wondered if Kimi deliberately had a prang cos they haven't paid him!

• Not a bad one from where we were on t11, ie where most good stuff happened.

It might be dull, but Vettel is in a class of his own right now. Alonso was great in an average car but no one could touch him