The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    If you watch closely Vettel squeezes Hamilton which leaves acres of space for Grosjean to take the lead. Was it unfair? Not sure, but I've seen other drivers like Grosjean penalised in the past for similar moves.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    It was better than I expected, but frankly I'm looking forward to next year, and some uncertainty.

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    The sound of the new Honda engine

• rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 235

Heard this earlier. Really sounds like the wife vacuum!!

Also read in the Sun, Button being offered additional contract at McLaren until 2016.

Fairy story?

edited October 2013

That sounds awful. I read somewhere that some modern cars play decent exhaust noises through their hi-fi systems. We need some stonking 8-litre Can-Am Chevy noise instead of that limp-wristed, namby-pamby guff.

You read in The Sun, Rolls? I wouldn't admit that around here, you'll have the Fretboard Guardian Police Squad knocking on your door!

Jenson looks safe although I'm not sure about the spoof adverts .. :-) Looks like McLaren are after Alonso for 2015 ..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2459633/Jenson-Button-offered-chance-finish-career-McLaren.html

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I think the engine sounds great.
    My V key is broken
    Hol, get down to the quack, and get your ears syringed! :D

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    It's all technological and sexy.
    My V key is broken
    And I now see that teams are going to have their fuel restricted from 160kg now, to 100kg next year. I'm not sure what to make of that one, except on the surface of it, it seems that they'll be less racing, and more cruising.

• The guy developing the Honda engine developed the most powerful engine of the C1 prototype era for Nissan. It'll be quick even if it sounds like a hair drier. HPD engines are pretty good in Indy, WEC, ALMS and LMS. They've masses of turbo expertise and handy with electrical power. Merc will be ok and Renault. Ferrari will struggle more is my prediction.

Actually, group C was the last true unrestricted FIA formula. You got a tank size and a minimum weight and a generous restriction per 1000kms in fuel. With refuelling you could go faster for shorter distances or slower for longer. Bring back refuelling and the weight issue goes away. Between Bernie and the FIA F1 is screwed.

On another note be thankful Audi don't turn up with a Diesel.
  • chillidoggy;60712" said:
    Fretboard Guardian Police Squad
    Bunch of wet liberals. Make a choice and stop sitting on the fence. ;-)
    edited October 2013

I'd like to see the return of refuelling too, it made it more unpredictable, and let's face it, we could do with a bit of that right now, and there's always a chance of a good fire to liven up the proceedings!

But it still wouldn't necessarily solve the current issue of Red Bull dominance.

• The Pirelli cheese tyres did. Wish they'd managed to get the original spec tyres safe. Granted it wouldn't have help the mercs but at least the red bulls couldn't leave everyone behind.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if there was a decent battle between the bulls. There's been plenty of great seasons with a dominant car leading, but usually there's a great battle between drivers ie Prost/Senna and Mansell/Piquet. Shame the best drivers are in different machines.
  • Sounds like an electric drill... Will going to see F1 become like going to the dentist... The thrill of seeing it live is the sound and smells . I really hope others sound better. Maybe F1 needs the same system as Touring Cars with success Ballast ?
  • Doesn't smell right without alcohol fuel anyway!

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27452
    edited October 2013
    Excellent. Though I can imagine that'll piss Hamilton off no end. 

If he can now join McLaren to let Whitmarsh just do the PR side and then fire Sam Michael for being a smarmy pit-stop-killing muppet, just in time for Alonso to join for 2015? Or even ditch Perez and get him for 2014?? That'd be an epic turn of events. 

Also, I thought Vettel did himself and his image a world of good with the doughnuts and celebration on Sunday. It might be dull having him win 4 in a row but he's clearly a demon driver and does seem like a nice bloke when he's not in Red Bull PR-mode

ALSO, Kimi seems to have completely checked out of Lotus already. Crap in quali, crap in the race and basically being a bit of a dick for no reason. Grosjean on the other hand has been brilliant and I hope he wins in AbDab this weekend (preferably with lots of cracking overtakes in front of the south grandstand, where I'll be sitting! :D )
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24726
    Fireman Sam Michael does seem to have an impact at every team he joins...