The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2913
    darcym said:
    That wasn't too bad a race.    Not sure whats up with Vettal, seemed to be acting like a daft kid afraid he had upset mum and dad.  Quite clearly he was in the wrong.  Someone should have told him to shut up.  Hope he apologises. 
    he wasn't in the wrong - he just wasn't right, it looks pretty different in the car, you can imagine how he sees it, kvyat came in way too hot for the space and overshot the corner, leaving Vettel nowhere to go. Without the ability to see all the angles such as overhead and track side cameras it's hard to see how it looked silly and risky.

That doesn't make him right at all, in reality Kvyat just pushed for a gap that was there and was just a little hot in terms of speed coming in, but he controlled it and made the corner, it's just bad look at that it backed up into a problem like that.

he's deflecting the reason for hitting Kimi, because at the time he didn't know how it looked and the Italian press are monsters in terms of culling Ferrari drivers.

I get all that, and I understand him having a moan over the radio, but the rant in the pre-podium room was uncalled for.  Someone from the team could have spoken to him as he got out of the car and told him to cool it.  By carrying on he looked like a twat.   

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7427
    darcym said:
    That wasn't too bad a race.    Not sure whats up with Vettal, seemed to be acting like a daft kid afraid he had upset mum and dad.  Quite clearly he was in the wrong.  Someone should have told him to shut up.  Hope he apologises. 
    he wasn't in the wrong - he just wasn't right, it looks pretty different in the car, you can imagine how he sees it, kvyat came in way too hot for the space and overshot the corner, leaving Vettel nowhere to go. Without the ability to see all the angles such as overhead and track side cameras it's hard to see how it looked silly and risky.

That doesn't make him right at all, in reality Kvyat just pushed for a gap that was there and was just a little hot in terms of speed coming in, but he controlled it and made the corner, it's just bad look at that it backed up into a problem like that.

he's deflecting the reason for hitting Kimi, because at the time he didn't know how it looked and the Italian press are monsters in terms of culling Ferrari drivers.

Kvyat got round the corner didn't he though? So not 'too hot' by that definition. It was a first corner incident. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    darcym said:

I get all that, and I understand him having a moan over the radio, but the rant in the pre-podium room was uncalled for.  Someone from the team could have spoken to him as he got out of the car and told him to cool it.  By carrying on he looked like a twat.   
    Vettel has always had a warped view of incidents, such as blaming Webber for Turkey 2010.
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    yes, he is very single minded, but that is the attitude (sadly) of a champion, 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited April 2016
    Best race I've seen so far this year. Should open up the championship nicely, too.
    I don't think so ... I can't see a way back for Hamilton. Rosberg's on a roll of 6 wins and to me Hamilton's coolness is a loss of interest. Rosberg will walk it this year with Vettel in second place ... Hamilton's testing for MotoGP .. I could see him jumping ship from F1 and giving two wheels a go. He has nothing left to prove.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I think you missed the irony in my comment, Fret!

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7427
    Fretwired;1041617" said:
    chillidoggy said:

Best race I've seen so far this year. Should open up the championship nicely, too.

I don't think so ... I can't see a way back for Hamilton. Rosberg's on a roll of 6 wins and to me Hamilton's coolness is a loss of interest. Rosberg will walk it this year with Vettel in second place ... Hamilton's testing for MotoGP .. I could see him jumping ship from F1 and giving two wheels a go. He has nothing left to prove.
    You used to also say Hamilton didn't have a serious future in F1.

Let's just enjoy the show.
    Red ones are better. 
    I think you missed the irony in my comment, Fret!
    Ahh .. OK ... :-)

edited April 2016
    TimmyO said:
    Fretwired;1041617" said:
    chillidoggy said:

You used to also say Hamilton didn't have a serious future in F1.

Let's just enjoy the show.
    Well he used to be so up and down ... having won the championship three times he's now trying to out chill the iceman Kimi ... I think he's lost interest. If he cared he'd be throwing his toys out of his cot and ranting like a madman.

If the show's watching that grinning buffoon Britney win every race then I'll give it a miss. Yesterday's race was at least entertaining due to the turn one crash .. great recovery by Vettel.

Hamilton can't buy luck at the moment ... the conspiracy theorists will be saying sabotage ... :-)

Bet he's sulking.

Hamilton recovered OK and then got a water leak .... poor guy has had his unfair share of reliability issues. Could have been a great race up front ...

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2913
    edited May 2016
    Yer,  they fist half of the race was pretty good and after that it was a bit of a procession.  Kyvatt's in for it though.  Silly boy.

Yer,  they fist half of the race was pretty good and after that it was a bit of a procession.  Kyvatt's in for it though.  Silly boy.
    There is no way he'll be in that seat next year.

Rosberg's WDC will be the fruit of a one horse race.
    Garthy said:

Apparently Mercedes have given him Hamilton's engineers with Nico's team of the last few years looking after Lewis. What's that all about?

Fretwired said:
    Garthy said:

Apparently Mercedes have given him Hamilton's engineers with Nico's team of the last few years looking after Lewis. What's that all about?

Fairness allegedly, so both sides of the garage could taste success and reduce rivalries within the crews.
    Garthy said:
    Fretwired said:
    Garthy said:

Fairness allegedly, so both sides of the garage could taste success and reduce rivalries within the crews.
    Well that's worked .. Nico's team lost last year and are going to lose again this year ... Nico should have it all wrapped up by Monaco without having to overtake a single car.

Fretwired said:
    Garthy said:
    Fretwired said:
    Garthy said:

Well that's worked .. Nico's team lost last year and are going to lose again this year with Lewis ... Nico should have it all wrapped up by Monaco without having to overtake a single car.

Pretty boring race, I thought,

I laughed when Vettel got punted up the arse twice by Kvyat, particularly as he was unrepentant after the last time, and said he'd do it again in the pre-race show.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    At least there's some decent action further back in the field this season. Nice to see Alonso getting a result at last too.