The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22176

Sorry, should have qualified my statement. I was hinting at him going to WEC or another formula, rather than stay in F1 with McLaren and just take the money.

I think the only way you'll see Alonso in WEC would be driving a Ferrari for AF Corse and it would be bloody marvellous if he did so :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    the collision was Rosberg's fault; he virtually never turned in.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27113
    edited July 2016
    Yesterday I went to Ferrari World with a mate for his birthday. Aside from the insanity that is the fastest rollercoaster in the world(!) they have go-karts. I got within 9 tenths of Alonso's lap record and 0.75 of Kimi's time. Which by my reckoning makes me about as quick as Felipe Massa! Woohoo! :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22176
    Yesterday I went to Ferrari World with a mate for his birthday. Aside from the insanity that is the fastest rollercoaster in the world(!) they have go-karts. I got within 9 tenths of Alonso's lap record and 0.75 of Kimi's time. Which by my reckoning makes me about as quick as Felipe Massa! Woohoo! :D
    And about six seconds quicker than Ryo Haryanto in the same kart :D

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Hamster quickest in both FP's.

Wind and possibly some rain forecast at Silverstone.

Good grief! Three posts in a row for me. We need @fretwired to come back.

Good race I did get pissed off with the safety car being out so long at the start, though.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24388
    Max deserves Lolsberg's seat.
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    edited July 2016
    Do we have the best fans yes we do good race :)

edited July 2016
    Loving Lewis' crowdsurfing! 
    Heartfeltdawn said: stickyfiddle said: Yesterday I went to Ferrari World with a mate for his birthday. Aside from the insanity that is the fastest rollercoaster in the world(!) they have go-karts. I got within 9 tenths of Alonso's lap record and 0.75 of Kimi's time. Which by my reckoning makes me about as quick as Felipe Massa! Woohoo! :D And about six seconds quicker than Ryo Haryanto in the same kart :D

Do you think Singapore will give
    me several million quid?
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7794
    10 sec. penalty for Rosberg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • metalemetale Frets: 57
    Can we have Mark Webber doing podium interviews everytime, please? Thanks.

Oh, and commenting, like Collin Edwards on BTSports.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2923
    edited July 2016
    Much as I dislike Rosberg I think the penalty was harsh. Great race though just goes to show what a bit of wet tarmac will do to spice things up.

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Well that's the tricky bit really. They refused to tell Hamilton what to do when his engine mode setting was wrong, if they had he could have had a better result. Obviously it wasn't something terminal on Rosberg's car as it was suddenly working perfectly after the radio instruction. Yet another reason for Hamilton to be unhappy with how is being treated by Mercedes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Verstappen was driver of the day for me, most exciting driver on track this season? But why start the race under a safety car, it just robs spectators and viewers of a proper race start, the weather wasn't that bad!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Verstappen was driver of the day for me, most exciting driver on track this season? But why start the race under a safety car, it just robs spectators and viewers of a proper race start, the weather wasn't that bad!
    Yeah I didn't get that either. What's the point of just circulating behind the safety car for lap after lap? The tyres and brakes aren't even getting up to temperature so it achieved nothing. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24388
    Much as I dislike Rosberg I think the penalty was harsh. Great race though just goes to show what a bit of wet tarmac will do to spice thinks up.
    Anything less wouldn't have been a penalty at all.

I think the rule is stupid, but while it is there it has to be followed by everyone. And others, including LH's tech have refused to answer questions.

If anything he got away lightly under the rules when the stewards said the 1st part of the discussion was legal. If it wasn't then he could have been excluded.
    boogieman said:

Yeah I didn't get that either. What's the point of just circulating behind the safety car for lap after lap? The tyres and brakes aren't even getting up to temperature so it achieved nothing. 
    I assume it's to clear water from the circuit (more for visibility than grip reasons), which can only really happen using the cars to do it. What they should do is get to the point the SC can come in, then line up on the grid for a start, and take the number of SC laps off the total laps for the race. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    boogieman said:

I assume it's to clear water from the circuit (more for visibility than grip reasons), which can only really happen using the cars to do it. What they should do is get to the point the SC can come in, then line up on the grid for a start, and take the number of SC laps off the total laps for the race. 

Ah good point, I hadn't thought about getting the water off the track. Maybe they need a F1 equivalent of those Hippo things they use to mop up the cricket pitches. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4187
    I actually think the Rosberg penalty should have been disqualification, if they are serious about Radio messages an example needed to made