The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24394
    Alonso has said he'd like a shot at the Indy 500.

I'd like to see that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    It's all very well Honda developing a new engine now, but if they haven't already got it on a dyne producing 100 bhp more than the current one and able to run flat out for 40 hours straight then it's no bloody help at all. 
    I don't think it's 100% new. The basic engine is very powerful - the turbo is the weak link. They redesigned the engine and designed a brand new turbo. Honda will come good.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!

Sorry, should have qualified my statement. I was hinting at him going to WEC or another formula, rather than stay in F1 with McLaren and just take the money.

OK - that could be an option - more likely as Fret says the Indy series.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    That would do it. Single seaters, shitloads of dollars around, and still prestigious.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27113
    Fretwired said:
    It's all very well Honda developing a new engine now, but if they haven't already got it on a dyne producing 100 bhp more than the current one and able to run flat out for 40 hours straight then it's no bloody help at all. 
    I don't think it's 100% new. The basic engine is very powerful - the turbo is the weak link. They redesigned the engine and designed a brand new turbo. Honda will come good.
    Let's hope so. Unless JB jumps to Williams, in which case I hope the Honda is a dog next year too!

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I reckon JB will go to Williams.

edited July 2016
    I suspect you're right. 

Though knowing Fred's luck (and ability to leave a team just before it gets competitive again) he'll be the one to jump (either to Indy or WEC), then Stoffel and JB will get a bithcingly quick 2017 McHonda and put up a title fight. 

I'd like that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yes, that would be good, and make me chuckle if he does!

I suspect you're right. 

Though knowing Fred's luck (and ability to leave a team just before it gets competitive again) he'll be the one to jump (either to Indy or WEC), then Stoffel and JB will get a bithcingly quick 2017 McHonda and put up a title fight. 

I'd like that.
    That would be good ...

Fretwired said:
    I suspect you're right. 

I'd like that.
    That would be good ...
    I'm not a praying man, but..!
    I want Fred to just do the Indy 500. Not the whole season, just look like a journey man.

And I want him to win by about 3 laps, then on the podium say. Fuck that was easy. You guys get paid for this?

And then retire having completely fucked off the Good Ol' Boys.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ha, ha! Yup!

I want Fred to just do the Indy 500. Not the whole season, just look like a journey man.

And I want him to win by about 3 laps, then on the podium say. Fuck that was easy. You guys get paid for this?

And then retire having completely fucked off the Good Ol' Boys.
    I'd love to see that. If he could also partner up with Mark "Strewth" Webber and win LeMans that'd be great :)
    New evidence shows it is clearly Hamilton's fault

:D :D :D

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    No love for Lewis .. front page of the Times .. I wonder what people who don't follow F1 will think .. :-)

• stickersticker Frets: 869
    Well if they read the article they'll think that the headline was misleading...
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    sticker said:
    Sadly this is common in the press in recent years, it is called 'clickbait'. The Mirror was just as bad with a sub editor adding their own headlines and captions which completely contradicted Byron Young's grudgingly supportive article of Hamilton's part to play in the incident.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    sticker said:
    The headline is a lot more than misleading .. more a lie ...

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I'm no fan of Hamilton, my least favourite successful British driver, but I really hope he beats Rosberg to world champion. Rosberg is such an ass wipe.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549

DC's analysis afterwards made it pretty clear what Rosberg was up to. Went well off his racing line, yet no sign of a lock-up or other issue with the brakes. He deliberately went in deep to force Hamilton wide, but did it too early in the corner. In the past, when it's been the other way round, Hamilton pushes Rosberg wide on the exit, and is thus moving to the outside while still on the racing line.

It was very nearly an excellent drive by Rosberg, even if his lead was somewhat gifted to him as a result of Hamilton's poor pit stop - he fought up from 6th and grabbed the opportunity for the lead when it came, and ran with it. The move came across as rather slimy, although it may just have been another example of him not being in the top echelon when it comes to wheel-to-wheel racing - a typical Rosberg close-quarters racing fuck-up, in other words.

It was very reminiscent of certain moves by Schumacher involving Hill and Villenueve in the past, which most assuredly were slimy moves. Even if it was just a Rosberg second-rater fuck-up, slimy fits the pantomime better. :)

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom