The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27141
    edited December 2021
    Poor guy. First he crashes out of the race, now this!! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    Simonh said:
    He was at the race yesterday, Merc were clearly expecting something to go down.
    I'm sure RB have someone there as well.
    According to Horner it is petty and desperate by merc to have a lawyer ready...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    No amount of venting on here will change the result, it’s a waste of time. This thread will be a ghost town next year, given all the promises to quit watching F1.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6175
    Simonh said:
    Simonh said:
    He was at the race yesterday, Merc were clearly expecting something to go down.
    I'm sure RB have someone there as well.
    According to Horner it is petty and desperate by merc to have a lawyer ready...
    Lionel Hutz told him to say that.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    No amount of venting on here will change the result, it’s a waste of time. This thread will be a ghost town next year, given all the promises to quit watching F1.
    Same for Bigsbys, ultra-gain amps, flame-top finishes and politics. 

But, hey, it's a discussion forum. (And I note that you didn't answer any of my points.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    An interesting quote on safety car and unlapping:

"There’s a requirement in the sporting regulations to wave all the lapped cars passed."

From some bloke called Michael Masi, explaining the rules to some bloke called Max Verstappen. (Eifel GP, 2020)

See: https://www.planetf1.com/news/michael-masi-eifel-safety-car/
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    I don't expect the result to be changed, but I suspect Merc will be "satisfied" with Masi being replaced.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If this is true it's pretty cool, and puts Lewis in an even better light than he was yesterday afternoon:

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• If this is true it's pretty cool, and puts Lewis in an even better light than he was yesterday afternoon:

That wouldn't surprise me at all. He doesn't want a title with an asterisk next to it, and knows he doesn't have to prove himself to anyone paying attention. 

I always try and be reasonably neutral and generally would prefer a good season of racing with a fair result over one guy winning. But right now I hope Lewis absolutely smashes it next year. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited December 2021
    goldtop said:
    Same for Bigsbys, ultra-gain amps, flame-top finishes and politics. 

But, hey, it's a discussion forum. (And I note that you didn't answer any of my points.)

Well, I didn’t answer them because I’m not remotely interested in flogging what is clearly a dead horse, and hey, as it’s a discussion forum, I was putting forward my view.

I have also looked around and decided my life won’t change because a Dutchman won a motor race. I have far more important things to be concerned with in my life.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • What do we make of the "we'll see about next year" comments from Lewis?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Hamilton took his defeat like a gentleman .. pure class.

Seems wags on Twitter suggest Masi had one eye on creating a thrilling Netflix Drive to Survive episode hence the SC ended quickly to give Verstappen a chance. Netflix has posted a cheeky Tweet in reply. With Netflix on board, F1 is now firmly in the entertainment industry. They'll probably enjoy Woolf's antics in court. It makes for great TV.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    What do we make of the "we'll see about next year" comments from Lewis?

I think Mercedes will push for rule changes to improve clarity and maybe the removal of Masi or give him Brawn's job and get some else in as race director.  So I think Lewis was referring to that - I don't think he'd want to see another season filled with controversial decisions. I also don't think he'll retire - he'll probably have the dominant car next year as Red Bull has acknowledged that they haven't spent as much time on their new car as Mercedes have on theirs.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    If this is true it's pretty cool, and puts Lewis in an even better light than he was yesterday afternoon:

That wouldn't surprise me at all. He doesn't want a title with an asterisk next to it, and knows he doesn't have to prove himself to anyone paying attention. 

I always try and be reasonably neutral and generally would prefer a good season of racing with a fair result over one guy winning. But right now I hope Lewis absolutely smashes it next year. 
    Yup. What I'd love to see Hamilton do in 2022 is to repeat what he did after the 2007 debacle. Back then he said he didn't want to win the WDC via the appeals process (McLaren tried and failed). A year later, the 2008 Brazlian GP was something I'll never forget.

(The unfortunate Timo Glock was accused by journalists of deliberately letting Hamilton past at the last moment, just to deny Massa/Ferrari!)
  • Reading this and it all just sounds dodgy as fuck.

When you read that article and think back to Christian Horner saying at the end of the SC yesterday "you only need one lap to race", it all just wreaks of manipulation from top to bottom. Yes, Toto does his fair share of saying stupid things in the stewards ear, I know this.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    edited December 2021
    Reading this and it all just sounds dodgy as fuck.

When you read that article and think back to Christian Horner saying at the end of the SC yesterday "you only need one lap to race", it all just wreaks of manipulation from top to bottom. Yes, Toto does his fair share of saying stupid things in the stewards ear, I know this.
    Lewis, like all the other drivers, says things on the radio because he knows it’ll go public and focus attention on it. I’m not sure if he actually believed the race was manipulated or not, but it’s hard to think it wasn’t after the rule modifications that have been going on and yesterday’s fiasco on the track. Masi deserves to go whatever, he’s completely lost the confidence of the drivers like Norris and Ricciardo judging by their comments
  • It was telling that the F1 YouTube channel had its usual "all drivers post-race radio" video up last night and but it was gone between me adding it to watch later and actually trying to watch it this morning. I assume something was said that F1 doesn't necessarily want heard - most likely on Lewis' radio. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6904
    It was telling that the F1 YouTube channel had its usual "all drivers post-race radio" video up last night and but it was gone between me adding it to watch later and actually trying to watch it this morning. I assume something was said that F1 doesn't necessarily want heard - most likely on Lewis' radio. 
    Huh??
    Every Driver's Radio At The End Of Their Race | 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - YouTube
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    It was telling that the F1 YouTube channel had its usual "all drivers post-race radio" video up last night and but it was gone between me adding it to watch later and actually trying to watch it this morning. I assume something was said that F1 doesn't necessarily want heard - most likely on Lewis' radio. 
    Huh??
    Every Driver's Radio At The End Of Their Race | 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - YouTube
    Hmm, strange - def said it had been removed earlier. Maybe just a YouTube glitch.

OR WAS IT???????????
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6904
    mrkb said:
    Huh??
    Hmm, strange - def said it had been removed earlier. Maybe just a YouTube glitch.

OR WAS IT???????????
    Probably the tin foil blocking your reception ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom