The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• euaneuan Frets: 1508
    edited March 9
    boogieman said:
    I can’t see Max going if Marko doe get kicked out, his so-called loyalty will only stretch so far when it comes to keeping a multi million dollar job, having a shot at another (or several) WDC’s and the threat of his dad kicking his arse if he actually did it. Max is only interested in Max IMO. 
    Verstappen Sr was the first person to suggest the possibility of Jr going to Mercedes if the chaos continues. So aural evidence suggests not. 

This is against the background of rumours that all isn’t well at RBPT which doesn’t bode well for 2026
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24469
    Oh no… it would be hilarious for 2026! 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Cols said:
    Nitefly said:
    Why are the races on Saturdays now?

It’s just the first two.  Ramadan starts this Sunday, so they wanted to avoid a clash this weekend.  And because Bahrain is one week before, they wanted to ensure the teams had a minimum gap between the races to get from one circuit to the other.
    I see, thank you  :)
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27142
    Toto is fuckign brilliant :)

In other news, the F2 feature race was absolutely fantastic. Well worth watching a replay after today's main event. Likely the F1 will be less good
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3174
    tFB Trader
    More talent leaving Merc for Ferrari, this time it’s the man Toto was grooming to eventually take over from him, Jerome D’Ambrosio

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/dambrosio-set-to-leave-mercedes-and-join-hamilton-at-ferrari/10585378/

Wonder how many more will jump ship now it’s firmly sinking 
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

tFB Trader
    Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

RiftAmps said:
    More talent leaving Merc for Ferrari, this time it’s the man Toto was grooming to eventually take over from him, Jerome D’Ambrosio

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/dambrosio-set-to-leave-mercedes-and-join-hamilton-at-ferrari/10585378/

Why are you so obsessed with Merc failing? Did they hurt you? Or sell you a car you didn’t like? With the level of vitriol I’m assuming they killed your entire family.

It’s actually an obsession for you. To an extent that you need treatment.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Three cheers for Haas strategy guys! :D 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27142
    Yeah, Haas are looking like a different team post-Gunther. 

And just incredible for Bearman. What a performance!!  
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah, Haas are looking like a different team post-Gunther. 

And just incredible for Bearman. What a performance!!  
    It will be criminal if he doesn’t get a seat next season. 
    tFB Trader
    RiftAmps said:

Why are you so obsessed with Merc failing? Did they hurt you? Or sell you a car you didn’t like? With the level of vitriol I’m assuming they killed your entire family.

Why are you so obsessed with Red Bull failing? Did they hurt you? Or sell you a fizzy drink you didn’t like? With that level of vitriol I’m assuming they killed your entire family.

It’s actually an obsession for you (and most of the contributors of this thread). To an extent that you all need treatment.

See what I did there? ;)
    Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    RiftAmps said:
    RiftAmps said:

Why are you so obsessed with Red Bull failing? Did they hurt you? Or sell you a fizzy drink you didn’t like? With that level of vitriol I’m assuming they killed your entire family.

It’s actually an obsession for you (and most of the contributors of this thread). To an extent that you all need treatment.

See what I did there? ;)
    Yes. You made up a straw man deflection shield that didn’t work and isn’t true.

Go back and have a look. Lots of support for Checo, loads of praise for Newey, even acknowledgment that Max is an amazing driver: even to the point that nobody blames him for his first title because he was only driving and it was Masi’s cock up.

Nobody else is celebrating the misfortune of a single team like you are.

Seriously, your obsession levels are worrying. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

Nobody else is celebrating the misfortune of a single team like you are
    Disagree. Would you like me to repost every negative thing said about Red Bull in this thread by members in the last two weeks alone? It would take a while but I’m up for it if you are?

How about the past year, or even further back? Whatever you choose, the evidence is clear.

You see, I only give as good as I get, I never go beyond the line that others have previously. The only reason that you notice is because I’m the only Max supporter in a thread filled with Hamilton fans.

The difference, however, is that I’m happy to read and entertain anti-Max/RB comments, because mostly they make me laugh. 

Rift Amplification
    www.riftamps.co.uk

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5780
    dazzajl said:
    Meh, with the prospect of further Meh in the race tomorrow 
    Yup.  :s
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4559
    RiftAmps said:
     Would you like me to repost every negative thing said about Red Bull in this thread by members in the last two weeks alone? It would take a while but I’m up for it if you are?

How about the past year, or even further back? 

...Let's say just the last two years. Repost every negative thing said about Red Bull in this thread

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4848
    edited March 10
    TBF if Chris just quotes me most of the time I'm usually casting shade at the knobheads of RB, and that shifty cretin Horner.....

I have freely admitted in the past though, that although he's full of dirty tricks, and he used them to full effect in 21, Max is an all time great driver, truly up there with Clark, Senna, Schumacher, Alonso, Hamilton etc..

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7079
    edited March 10
    Solid debut for Bearman, well done to him.

If Haas are wondering how best to spend their budget, they should invest more in Steward Relations.
  • PennPenn Frets: 625
    I was impressed with Bearman yesterday. It’s a big jump up to an F1 car and he did brilliantly to finish where he did. I think if his qualifying hadn't been so scrappy he’d have finished a couple of places higher. Lot of pressure jumping in a the Ferrari seat, probably the most pressure of any seat on the grid. Hopefully we will see more of him soon.