Why I can't have nice things

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    Six years?   :o

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's much, much worse these days.

Basically I killed it, it is retired from live use now. Sounds terrible, feeds back when using the piezo, all frets knackered, etc etc....

Yeah, me and cedar....

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    You need a Gibson Everly Brothers...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3498
    This is why Glens guitar is fucked. He plays it like he's nicked it. But if you look at his strumming, its long and angled, He may well use hard picks or a coin or something.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • The soundhole rosette is ovangkol and has withstood everything. Basically I need the whole thing to be made of that. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited September 2019
    It's much, much worse these days.

Basically I killed it, it is retired from live use now. Sounds terrible, feeds back when using the piezo, all frets knackered, etc etc....

Yeah, me and cedar....

@RaymondLin remember the thread where you questioned the placement of relic wear? 

Does this help? Ok it’s not an electric but an example of natural wear in some of the areas you were questioning.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184

Glen Hansard's Martin freaks me out slightly..

It’s a Takamine btw ;)
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    edited September 2019
    Iamnobody said:

Yeah, me and cedar....

@RaymondLin remember the thread where you questioned the placement of relic wear? 

Does this help? Ok it’s not an electric but an example of natural wear in some of the areas you were questioning.
    You mean this proves me right that the mm next to the fretboard isn’t worn? And what i said about a grove that should appear (which is here) instead of an even worn all over (fake)?
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2769
    I find it amazing that you scratch the top both above the strings and below - that takes some kind of unique strumming ;)
  • sev112 said:
    I find it amazing that you scratch the top both above the strings and below - that takes some kind of unique strumming ;)

We must give it beans. Watch any part of this and you will see the "technique"!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2019
    Iamnobody said:

Yeah, me and cedar....

You mean this proves me right that the mm next to the fretboard isn’t worn? And what i said about a grove that should appear (which is here) instead of an even worn all over (fake)?
    No - you initially queried wear adjacent to the pick guard and couldn’t understand why players would miss the strings so often. 
    edited September 2019
    Iamnobody said:
    Iamnobody said:

Yeah, me and cedar....

No - you initially queried wear adjacent to the pick guard and couldn’t understand why players would miss the strings so often. 
    So you are going to pick and choose my posts to suit your argument instead of the entirely when I went to expanded my thinking more, even though they were all said in the same day? After like a week you pick just 1 post to what? Prove me wrong when the photo actually proved what I said?

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/2337471/#Comment_2337471

Notice how I expected it to have a groove and not even........this is how I expect it to wear out for real.

I am not sure what you are trying to do except to solidify my thinking that the photos on the other thread have fake relicing.  Surely you can see the difference.
    edited September 2019
    @RaymondLin I haven’t checked back in the posts and can’t be arsed to.

Thought it was a decent point for discussion that’s all - I can’t remember the detail of the thread beyond you querying people missing the strings and wearing wood adjacent to the pick guard.

As you were - I’ve seen some of the protracted postings you get into and don’t want to be involved particularly on someone else’s post as I don’t want to derail it further.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3498
    sev112 said:

We must give it beans. Watch any part of this and you will see the "technique"!

Cool as chips, thanks for sharing.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    Bet the hair and beard extension shops do good business in your area !
    As far as the guitar is concerned it looks like it Willie Nelson and Jon Gomm both did a tour with it
    Iamnobody said:
    @RaymondLin I haven’t checked back in the posts and can’t be arsed to.

Thought it was a decent point for discussion that’s all - I can’t remember the detail of the thread beyond you querying people missing the strings and wearing wood adjacent to the pick guard.

As you were - I’ve seen some of the protracted postings you get into and don’t want to be involved particularly on someone else’s post as I don’t want to derail it further.
    There is no protracted posting, i am not going back on my words, i am quoting something i said a week or so ago and i am sticking to it, and have been all along.

I said those words pretty early on and repeated them a few times, either you didn't see ir or chose not to see it, whichever way.  your new photos clearly illustrates my "theory" and proved my point.

• Dominic said:
    Bet the hair and beard extension shops do good business in your area !
    As far as the guitar is concerned it looks like it Willie Nelson and Jon Gomm both did a tour with it
    @Dominic I am the only one in the band who doesn't get recognised in normal life! I am the pea-hen of the band, no magnificent plumage.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    I can see that..........still ,it didn't do Zakk Wylde any harm !