Raygun Relics incredible work!

What's Hot
glt56glt56 Frets: 209
edited October 2014 in Made in the UK
Hi folks, I'd just like to recommend Graham Muir of Raygun Relics for the incredible work he does at such reasonable prices.  I am not in any way connected to Raygun, apart from the fact that Graham has cast his magic on two of my existing Tele's and built another which I have bought.  It is stunning work and I really don't know how he does it... incredible!  In the photos below, Graham has transformed my original tired black '84 Tokai Breezysound which I bought in New Zealand in '85, into a stunning Sonic Blue Bigsby'd Beauty!  The other is a Tele I put together myself but was never fond of... it was a bit boring and bland. So Graham has resurrected it into the beast you see below.  I cannot recommend him highly enough, stunning and a great guy to deal with too!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• let me guess......are you him?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    Like it says above... no, I'm not connected to him in any way, I'm trying to make an honest assessment of his work.  Why the cynicism?  :|
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Jooky had a white Jazzmaster painted/relic'ed & assembled by Raygun that looked absolutely incredible. Seem to recall Jook saying that the pricing was verrrry keen as well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • glt56 said:
    Like it says above... no, I'm not connected to him in any way, I'm trying to make an honest assessment of his work.  Why the cynicism?  :|

Sorry, it just seemed that kind of post. Looks great work.
    If you check out his website he's got reliced Tele's for around the £300 mark.  I played the one with the Jazzmaster tremolo and it is incredible.  By the way, the one on the website called "POP" (poplar body) is SOLD... I bought it!  ;)
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Website link? I can't seem to find a proper site? 
    glt56 said:
    You are redeemed by the fact that in your avatar, you appear to be playing a Gibson Jeff Tweedy SG?  Very cool!!  I've got one too and love it!  Really wide fingerboard...  :)
    edited October 2014
    Hymnal said:
    Website link? I can't seem to find a proper site? 
    Sorry mate, I forgot the http://bollox, try the links above now.
  • glt56 said:
    glt56 said:
    You are redeemed by the fact that in your avatar, you appear to be playing a Gibson Jeff Tweedy SG?  Very cool!!  I've got one too and love it!  Really wide fingerboard...  :)
    Yeah its a great guitar!
  • littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
    edited October 2014
    I follow his facebook page, he does some great stuff. I'm never that keen on super-relic'd numbers but your two are just peachy. He also comes up with some rather nice "pawn shop" style guitars, like the telejazzer.

edit: and he has done the one most important thing for any small guitar maker/modder: he has an awesome logo. when you compare it to the "generic font" crap you see (even from respected brands like Gordon Smith), it just gives it an air of professionalism.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Urgh... I am having a mid-life crisis - I may see if he'd work his magic on my Bass VI :D
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    Love those. I too have a mid 80s Breezysound but hate the natural finish on it's badly mismatched multi-piece body.
    What's shocking is that he's only a few miles away from me!
    It's a bad time to have no spare cash :(
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited October 2014 tFB Trader
    The 'Heavy Relic' stuff is WAY over done for my tastes but your two Teles look the business! :-)

**Edit** Especially the Sonic Blue/Bigsby beauty.....drool...!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    edited October 2014
    Caught up with Graham this afternoon, here he is having a blast on my '68 Gretsch 6118 Double Anniversary. He also tried out my '67 Gretsch 6120 but preferred the Anny. http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/glt56/3eda350ed592522673f8b5b642bebaf9.jpg
    edited October 2014
    miserneil said:
    The 'Heavy Relic' stuff is WAY over done for my tastes but your two Teles look the business! :-)

**Edit** Especially the Sonic Blue/Bigsby beauty.....drool...!

Graham likes to produce "different" but familiar guitars with superb attention to detail. I'm not keen on the "heavy relic" thing, but it you ask him to "lightly age" your guitar... no worries! I have to say I do like the "Seaworn" Tele on his Pinterest site. It really does look like it was washed up! He's going to start a Jazzmaster for me next... WooHoo :)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    That blue guitar is way beyond awesome! One of my favourite ever teles!
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited October 2014
    edited October 2014
    Never one to ignore a passing bandwagon, and having found out that Graham is local to me, I asked about a refinish to my mid-80s Tokai Breezysound (basically a 60s Tele copy). I've always liked the guitar but hated the mismatched, "breadboard", timber under the natural finish.
    Having chatted with Graham, I decided to go with an aged-white finish which I think looks great with the rosewood 'board. What's even better is that he's kept all the original dings, knocks and scuffs so it's still very much "my" guitar but it looks about a thousand times better! 
    Absolute top notch fellow and I am delighted with his work. Would encourage anyone interested in this sort of thing to check him out.

Original:

Refinish/relic:

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    That's a nice looking thing
    Sorry, forgot to publicly thank @glt56 for letting me know about Graham's work. Cheers!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom