Meeting with the FujiGen Founder Family [ FGN (FujiGen) Guitars Information Thread ]

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Pete.RPete.R Frets: 388
    I had two Boundaries, hard to beat for the price
    got each of them used for the price of a MiC Squier (~€300-350)
    and I don't care if the body is basswood on a 'cheap' guitar

meanwhile the two ^^ are sold and got replaced by this pair

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    edited April 21
    TTBZ said:
    Black/black pickguard with maple neck is my favourite look for a tele so the looks are fine for me! I prefer the sleeker look of this to the standard control plate and squared off pickguard too. 

Yeah I've only ever had one basswood guitar and didn't love it, but considering teles can be pretty bright guitars anyway I thought it might work in its favour for dirtier tones at least.
    Ah yeah everyone likes different colours. I like the brighter sparkly ones! (I like black/black too on a Tele :) )

I think I prefer the looks of the pickguard like you said, but it makes pickup/electronic swapping and tinkering more awkward.

That's a good point about the basswood thing- you may be right!

Pete.R said:
    I had two Boundaries, hard to beat for the price
    got each of them used for the price of a MiC Squier (~€300-350)
    and I don't care if the body is basswood on a 'cheap' guitar

Me neither, at least to a certain extent- the problem is that you *can* get the right woods on even cheaper guitars. Don't get me wrong, I strongly suspect the FGNs are far superior guitars... but personally I'd prefer them to use alder or ash, even if they had to charge slightly more. They could still be substantially cheaper than the Standard series.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    edited April 21
    Dave_Mc said:
    TTBZ said:
    Black/black pickguard with maple neck is my favourite look for a tele so the looks are fine for me! I prefer the sleeker look of this to the standard control plate and squared off pickguard too. 

Yeah I've only ever had one basswood guitar and didn't love it, but considering teles can be pretty bright guitars anyway I thought it might work in its favour for dirtier tones at least.
    Ah yeah everyone likes different colours. I like the brighter sparkly ones! (I like black/black too on a Tele )
    Not sure why that came up as a passive aggressive sarcastic winky smiley, I just meant it to be a bog standard smiley! Stupid typos... I've edited it now.

@Pete.R Yeah I saw those new models on the FGN site the other day... nice! D 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 28

the first ones are in store @ white-city-music

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom