Meeting with the FujiGen Founder Family [ FGN (FujiGen) Guitars Information Thread ]

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Pete.RPete.R Frets: 404
    I had two Boundaries, hard to beat for the price
    got each of them used for the price of a MiC Squier (~€300-350)
    and I don't care if the body is basswood on a 'cheap' guitar

meanwhile the two ^^ are sold and got replaced by this pair

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2365
    edited April 21
    TTBZ said:
    Black/black pickguard with maple neck is my favourite look for a tele so the looks are fine for me! I prefer the sleeker look of this to the standard control plate and squared off pickguard too. 

Yeah I've only ever had one basswood guitar and didn't love it, but considering teles can be pretty bright guitars anyway I thought it might work in its favour for dirtier tones at least.
    Ah yeah everyone likes different colours. I like the brighter sparkly ones! (I like black/black too on a Tele :) )

I think I prefer the looks of the pickguard like you said, but it makes pickup/electronic swapping and tinkering more awkward.

That's a good point about the basswood thing- you may be right!

Pete.R said:
    I had two Boundaries, hard to beat for the price
    got each of them used for the price of a MiC Squier (~€300-350)
    and I don't care if the body is basswood on a 'cheap' guitar

Me neither, at least to a certain extent- the problem is that you *can* get the right woods on even cheaper guitars. Don't get me wrong, I strongly suspect the FGNs are far superior guitars... but personally I'd prefer them to use alder or ash, even if they had to charge slightly more. They could still be substantially cheaper than the Standard series.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2365
    edited April 21
    Dave_Mc said:
    TTBZ said:
    Black/black pickguard with maple neck is my favourite look for a tele so the looks are fine for me! I prefer the sleeker look of this to the standard control plate and squared off pickguard too. 

Yeah I've only ever had one basswood guitar and didn't love it, but considering teles can be pretty bright guitars anyway I thought it might work in its favour for dirtier tones at least.
    Ah yeah everyone likes different colours. I like the brighter sparkly ones! (I like black/black too on a Tele )
    Not sure why that came up as a passive aggressive sarcastic winky smiley, I just meant it to be a bog standard smiley! Stupid typos... I've edited it now.

@Pete.R Yeah I saw those new models on the FGN site the other day... nice! D 
    edited April 28

the first ones are in store @ white-city-music

my weapons of choice for today:

• bluenilebluenile Frets: 48
    looks like there are some new Boundary series coming out, moving production to vietnam. I like the older FGNs with the small headstock like yours @Pete.R. Look like a good cheaper alternative to Fender Japan if I can find one  :)
    bluenile said:
    looks like there are some new Boundary series coming out, moving production to vietnam. I like the older FGNs with the small headstock like yours @Pete.R. Look like a good cheaper alternative to Fender Japan if I can find one  :)

Yes, the new Boundary models are made in Vietnam, their serial#s are starting with V

Every company needs to make profits, offering the older MiJ Boundary series around €600-700 doesn't get them much profit I guess, so the move makes sense to me.
    It was a great deal as long it lasted, and there are used MiJ ones out for €350-450 which is what other brands MiC guitars are offered for
  • rhinofeetrhinofeet Frets: 109
    I've seen a couple of history and coolz available that are made at fujigen. How do these compare quality wise?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 5
    rhinofeet said:
    I've seen a couple of history and coolz available that are made at fujigen. How do these compare quality wise?

History and CoolZ are brands for the Japanese Shimamura store, both made by FujiGen.
    I would say the History line is comparable to FGN Standard and NeoClassic line,
    some might even be in the Expert range.
    CoolZ is the entry level line.
    Some History series like 'Performer-series' are meanwhile made in China

I've got a CoolZ ZST-V 'strat' via Zen-Market from Japan,
    hard to beat at ~€ 200 + shipping/Tax/VAT still below € 400.-

I'd rate it at least comparable to Squier made in Japan which are offered here for €500-1000

This pair of guitars & amps will be played over the weekend

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1960
    What Laneys are those?
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18979
    Schnozz said:
    What Laneys are those?
    Look to me like VC30 112's.
    edited May 17
    Schnozz said:
    What Laneys are those?
    Look to me like VC30 112's.

VC15-110
    both probably made the same day, serial# is NJB9925 and the other is NJB9928
    made in UK

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18979
    Dammit, so close  :)
    Enjoy them :+1: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom