Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My band split up because...

What's Hot

Comments

• ParkerParker Frets: 960
    ossyrocks said:
    I was once in an 8 piece Soul Band with three girls backing singers, when it all finally came out and fell apart it was like a f**king soap opera.

To start with, of the three girls in the band, one was the bass players official girlfriend and one was the drummers.

The Sax player was shagging all three of them. The drummer was shagging two of them (including his girlfriend) and I was shagging the bass players girlfriend. 

The bass player and the sax player were also shagging anything in a skirt that came to the shows.

It was hard to keep up with I'll tell you.

Oh, and the bass player was my wife's brother......

We're divorced now.

Rob.
    This is clearly utter BS.....no one would be stupid enough to have three girls in the same band!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7802
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • I was in a band at various points from 1994-2007. There was lots going on: the bass player was shagging our manager's wife. We fired the bass player (the singer's brother), and he ran off with the lady in question. Our manager drank himself to death and ex-bassist and ex-wife are now married. Band carried on.

Singer and drummer fell out over financial irregularities in a joint business venture, drummer got sacked. Band carried on.

New drummer burst his appendix in a near-fatal manner just before a major gig, so we did that gig with old drummer standing in, in spite of the tension.

Our singer had numerous affairs until his long-suffering partner was sectioned.

The band only finally split up when the singer moved to the USA, but it was a right old soap opera!

Also I was the only band member to have never been arrested.

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Paul_C said:
    Yep, we formed the band when The Commitments came out and did the entire catalogue.

It was the 90's.......

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    DesVegas said:
    The drummers wife had been shagging our new bass player for the last three months.
    What's your excuse..?

Musical differences.

I was musical, they were different.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    I've had to be restrained from embedding a Telecaster in a bass player - it took a drummer and his kit to restrain me. A week earlier I had smacked said bass player in the back of his head with the same guitar. It takes quite a lot to make me that angry... He was an utter, abject cunt, though.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited November 2014
    Damn. I feel I've really missed out on something with all this band shagging :( Mind you I never ever wanted to shag any of my band mates (only their girlfriends LOL)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4558
    Damn. I feel I've really missed out on something with all this band shagging :( Mind you I never ever wanted to shag any of my band mates (only their girlfriends LOL)
    Howdy hp, OP here, i think you're missing the point, it was a WAG that shagged the bassist, not the actual drummer.  I think the drummer and the bassist sleeping together may of actually helped.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Parker said:
    This is clearly utter BS.....no one would be stupid enough to have three girls in the same band!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd fap fap fap fap fap

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    DesVegas said:
    annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd fap fap fap fap fap

here's a bigger picture to speed things up

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    impmann said:
    I've had to be restrained from embedding a Telecaster in a bass player - it took a drummer and his kit to restrain me. A week earlier I had smacked said bass player in the back of his head with the same guitar. It takes quite a lot to make me that angry... He was an utter, abject cunt, though.

One gig I put my bass down during the last song due to one of the backing singers repeatedly backing into me (he was a little worse for wear chemically, not for the first time) despite me moving as far out of his way as I could.

I put it down because I was concerned that I was about to smack him in the head with it, and my feeling at the time was that I would have hit him as hard as I could, which alarmed me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ^unargi
    edited November 2014
    Well the word on the street we're playing a gig this friday with our old bass player, not mr can't keep his pants on but mr can't commit to the band as i work abroad a lot.
    Should be interesting as we'll have a stand in singer and no practice together.
    That's the way i like it baby, i don't want to live forever!!
    The downside is i'll have to learn mr brightside again which is a royal pain in the butt to play but the lovely ladies love it. LL Cool Des : )
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Voxman said:
    Ugly as fuck....now that's a great band name!! :P
    The problem with that name is that when you say it, it sounds like Ugly ass f*ck
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Tantric sex - isn't that the posh name for when the bloke falls asleep on the job?
  • 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    wank wank wank, keep your money in the bank 

:D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    At my age sex is a good excuse to lie down

• DesVegas said:
    Well the word on the street we're playing a gig this friday with our old bass player, not mr can't keep his pants on but mr can't commit to the band as i work abroad a lot.
    Should be interesting as we'll have a stand in singer and no practice together.
    That's the way i like it baby, i don't want to live forever!!
    The downside is i'll have to learn mr brightside again which is a royal pain in the butt to play but the lovely ladies love it. LL Cool Des : )

I know it's not ideal having the flakey bass player back but it probably proves that old saying 'Better the devil you know that the devil that fucks your wife.'.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jeeez! So much sex in one thread!! I didn't want half these stories to end - please continue lol!
    That one with the three in the band bonking everybody else, jeez lol. I thought these things only happened in soaps lol