Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My band split up because...

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    ^^Didn't you know he lives in Coronation Street?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This thread is a roller coaster ride of emotion and sordid shaggery.  It makes me feel like I've led a fairly mundane musical life.
  • I once left a band because the drummer called me up saying he want me to replace me. Needless to say he had the wrong number.
    7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My 90s shoegaze band Pure Joy (the name was somewhat ironic) managed to stay together despite our singer splitting up with our drummer with whom she had been in a fairly long term relationship, living together etc. It certainly did wonders for her song-writing which she then dedicated to her feelings about her ex, including "Misery" (always a fan favourite) and "Mayhem and Destruction" which included the line, "Why can't you just die, then I'd pretend I never knew you?" Good times!
    :D
    Link to my trading feedback
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4558
    The band before the band before this one split because the guitarist started to have hot rampant stag-like sex with the singers sister.
    He wasn't impressed and sacked the whole thing off. Bastard.
    Hang on Des, aren't you the guitarist?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Busted!!!  I'm rhythm guitar obviously ... chicks only dig lead guitarists

^^chicks only dig lead guitarists? shit, no wonder I don't get the laydeez..........

Well now you know mike, you know what you got to do ... grow a mullet and widdle everywhere
    I'd look dumb with a mullet, I have a large forehead - my hair starts level with my ears - so it'd be bald at the front, and like Ronald McDonald at the back........

• I want to hear more stories lol
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited July 2015
    Have had fleeting thoughts about ditching the band I joined. Work's tough and if I moved I couldn't play in it anyway. This album is taking an immense amount of time now that I'm having to do everything myself (guitar, drums and bass!). We're only getting the same old gig 3-4 times a year in the same place. I'd rather put my energies into this album and then others. Playing covers is ok but not nearly as satisfying as pushing out your own material. I'm staying for the experience as it helps round you out to play with others and to play live. 

This might be silly but I'm not on facebook and don't plan to join again... but the rest of the band are on it and have private chats all the time. Last practice a funny video was recorded and I only just found out they've been watching it for days and talking about it privately. So yeah, I feel left out *boohoo* - I thought they could have at least uploaded it to mega upload without me having to ask. Maybe it's toys out of the pram but I do feel a bit annoyed about it.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30929
    Because I threw a mic stand at our bass player (fact).

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Gassage said:
    If he'd been a decent bass player he'd have seen (or felt) it coming. A really really good bass player would have known three bars before it happened. World of their own!!
    Gassage said:

You got that the wrong way round, you should have thrown the bass player....