SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS. Lowden anyone? Prices reduced

What's Hot
RogRog Frets: 10
edited September 2023 in Acoustics £

I have two Lowdens for sale, both owned by me from new. I am situated in North Suffolk and ideally if you are able to travel here you are welcome to try them. Both have been used in a smoke free home only and I would describe them as in very good condition, ding free and with low actions.

I will be happy to answer any questions and provide further details. I believe that the prices are fair, but I may be open to offers. The basics are as follows:-

Lowden F23 Cedar/Walnut. Purchased 2017. £2400.00 - now £2200

Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/rnV015u

Lowden 022c Cedar/Mahogany with L.R. Baggs Anthem pick up. Purchased 2015. £2,500.  - Now £2200

Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/JKlQ0x9

Thank you for looking

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9563
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27611
    Those are things of beauty.  GLWTS.

And "hi" to someone else in the area (I'm just over the northern border nowadays).
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RogRog Frets: 10
    Hi Tony, Thanks and you are welcome to try them, or talk shop anytime.
  • cowmoocowmoo Frets: 40
    So far away. o22c would  make a great partner for my o32c 
    Ah well glwts
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hi Cowmoo. Agreed and thanks
  • A Lowden player from Framlingham, huh? ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yes, there are at least two of us here and I understand that the other one is doing rather well for himself these days.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 241
    The F23 was one of the guitars I lusted over. Went for an Avalon instead.  Could have saved myself some cash if I'd waited - but that's Life.

Grab this while you can. These are amazing guitars and very competitively priced.

GLWTS.
  • Bjj22Bjj22 Frets: 1
    Rog, interested to hear your thoughts on how different these are? I'm not really in the market at the moment, but I have an F23 as well (although it's a 12 fret), and have been curious about how it would compare to an O model cedar top.
    Hi MadMick, I haven't played one, but I believe Avalon are very good.  Thanks for the heads up re the prices.   I set them deliberately lower than anything I could find on the net...but I'm open to challenge.

Hi Bjj22.    I think Lowden describe the 0 series as "surrounding" and the the F as more focused and I agree with this.  In addition I would say that the 022c is very warm and the F23c is less so.  A lot depends on how they are played and I originally bought them on the basis of You Tube videos by players that I admired and that had been well recorded. I could possibly find the links if anyone is interested.
    I believe that all Lowdens are very responsive and uhm...loud. This tend to make your playing more dynamic and subtle.  
  • Bjj22Bjj22 Frets: 1
    Thanks Rog.
  • Gmd85Gmd85 Frets: 8
    =) Apparently the imgur gallery for the F23 'may contain erotic or adult imagery'. The walnut back and sides must really be something. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2023
    Yes, I don't know how that happened. Honestly, there's only pictures of guitars on there. Hope the O22 doesn't take offence at being excluded from the warning.
  • F23 is insane <3
    Not exactly selling like hotcakes!   Times are hard, so how about a reduction to £2,200 for either guitar?  I should mention that the reason for sale is that, as my nasty little hands are beginning to feel the effects of old age, I am tending to use guitars with narrower/slimmer necks, which enable my thumb to do it's stuff.  I do not use PayPal, so posting would be a problem, but I am open to offers/suggestions/discussion (legal, decent and truthful of course).  I should mention that I could arrange to collect and return you to my local station at Wickham Market.   I will hold this open on the forum for awhile before advertising elsewhere.   Many thanks for looking.
  • Bargain especially for the F23 condisdering the condition. Very tempting, I have been looking at the F23 for a while. I have owned and recently sold a McIlroy A25 which is very similar, perhaps not as much bass. Having owned an cedar/walnut, I am looking for a different wood combination I haven't owned, otherwise this would be a no brainer.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2023
    Hi Bradders. Ah, the which wood dilemma. So many choices, all with their own characteristics. Sadly, it's not too easy to find a place where you can compare several  at once. I found one or two such videos on YT, which helped to narrow my search. I eventually bought these two on the basis of players videos that really made them speak to me. 

• Someone please buy these before I buy a guitar I don't strictly need. 

Out of interest which of these was your preferred instrument/got the most playtime? 
    Hi Gmd 85. I must say that I don't have a preference, as to my ears they have very distinct sounds. I am fortunate to be able to have a few guitars, which I keep in different tunings. I then rotate them as the strings get older and duller, because some tunings are played less often than others.  This means that they have all tended to get played fairly equally.   This has now had to change, because my hands are beginning to conk out.  I get around the problem by using specific narrower nut/neck guitars for tunings that tends to feature "thumb overs" and bar chords.  This has made these two rather redundant, hence the sale.   Sorry if that is a bit of a non answer (I should be a politician)