Yamaha LS6 convert

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7273
    I wonder if we will ever see a Gibbon Les Paul, or if AI will be harnessed before manufacture and assembly is turned over to trained monkeys?
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1415
    They could keep pushing for the hybrid "William Gibson" Les Paul, made by machine-monkey hybrids.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited September 2023
    Further to my previous thread about reasonably priced sub  £500 parlour guitars, I tried one of these in the Yamaha shop and had to have it on the spot, it was so good I was worried it might be a fluke.

OK it is a bit to big to be an actual parlour and it was £600. But at the risk of sounding money obsessed, it feels and sounds like a > £1000 instrument

Having tried many boutique instruments like Santa Cruz, Custom Martins etc , I think you would need to posess Claptonesque levels of discernment to be overly concerned with the tonal differences between those and the L S6. 
    Big +1 & you are preaching to the converted sir!  I was lucky enough to pick up a pre-owned but absolute minter LS6 ARE with a hard case for £300 in Nov 21. Just a lovely, lovely guitar that looks, plays & sounds really nice.  

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SmellyfingersSmellyfingers Frets: 939
    edited September 2023
    Voxman said:
    Further to my previous thread about reasonably priced sub  £500 parlour guitars, I tried one of these in the Yamaha shop and had to have it on the spot, it was so good I was worried it might be a fluke.

OK it is a bit to big to be an actual parlour and it was £600. But at the risk of sounding money obsessed, it feels and sounds like a > £1000 instrument

Having tried many boutique instruments like Santa Cruz, Custom Martins etc , I think you would need to posess Claptonesque levels of discernment to be overly concerned with the tonal differences between those and the L S6. 
    Big +1 & you are preaching to the converted sir!  I was lucky enough to pick up a pre-owned but absolute minter LS6 ARE with a hard case for £300 in Nov 21. Just a lovely, lovely guitar that looks, plays & sounds really nice.  

£300 for a mint LS6? You must tell us where you do your most regular supermarket shop.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited September 2023
    Voxman said:

£300 for a mint LS6? You must tell us where you do your most regular supermarket shop.
    Ebay, really nice guy, excellent comms. But my memory wasn't quite right as with the new hard case it was £329 plus £25 delivery so total was £354, 2 Nov 2021. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • £350 still seems a reasonable price, for something that effectively retails at £600. What supermarket do you use?