SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold Lowden 010. Cedar and Mahogany. 2001. Hiscox case.

What's Hot
pruddprudd Frets: 669
edited August 2023 in Acoustics £
Sold

A big and beautiful acoustic from 2001/2, hand made in Ireland. Sweet sounding lovely bottom end, loves alternative tunings. Low action and frets are excellent, the body does have small marks and dings but nothing horrible (see pics).
There is also a small patch on the back where something looks to have spilled on it and has run down the body, I have tried polishing it out to no avail but don't want to use anything too harsh on it.

I have owned a few hand made Irish guitars and they are easy to mark, part of the reason they are so resonant and tonefull, no heavy coatings used. Original Hiscox branded case.

Mahogany neck with walnut inserts and unbound ebony fingerboard. Rosewood head plate with Lowden inlay. mahogany back and sides, cedar top, with maple binding. Lowden branded tuners, bone nut and saddle, KK Pure piezo pickup to endpin jack, no tone or volume controls on guitar itself..

There is something magical about Lowden guitars, a sort of mesmerizing sound and very distinctively Irish.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cowmoocowmoo Frets: 41
    edited August 2023
    PM'd with Q's!
  • PCT57PCT57 Frets: 40
    edited August 2023
    Beautiful looking guitar with plenty of mojo. Good luck with the sale and I'm interested in the incoming McIlroy 
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2701
    Congrats on the incoming, Paul! What a beautiful O lowden. Pierre Bensusan’s go to combination if I’m not mistaken. 
  • pruddprudd Frets: 669
    PCT57 said:
    Beautiful looking guitar with plenty of mojo. Good luck with the sale and I'm interested in the incoming McIlroy 
    here is a link to original post.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/251966/mcilroy-aj30-sold#latest

It is a fine instrument, I wish I could keep both :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No connection to the seller, but I have owned several Lowdens over the years and played many more. For anyone looking to try a Lowden, this is the model to get. The original and the best at a very reasonable price
  • PCT57PCT57 Frets: 40
    prudd said:
    PCT57 said:
    here is a link to original post.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/251966/mcilroy-aj30-sold#latest

It is a fine instrument, I wish I could keep both :)
    Yes I remember it now. Lovely looking guitar.
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4291
    The big box Irish guitars are just brilliant. I have had every shape Lowden (except the Wee actually), and if you are comfortable with a full size guitar, an O is a no brainer imo. They do everything, stunning fingerpickers with much fatter trebles than most big guitars can muster, and incredible strummed tone with massive bass. Very versatile. And Lowdens are one of those guitars that start to look even better with some wear on them.

And Paul is a top man to deal with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yet another example of an excellent guitar at a good price selling quickly.