London-Kempton Guitar Show - Sunday 29th Oct - Plus James Oliver live on stage

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14387
in Guitar tFB Trader
I'll post more details nearer the time about the London Guitar Show at Kempton Race Course  

Click here for more info
 https://www.guitarshows.co.uk/ARPages/London.html

But quick post for Fretboards own @jamesoliver1234 ; - He will be live on stage with his band - Also live on stage is Danny Bryant and his blues band - So 2 good acts for starters 

I'll be there with a stand and I dare say quite a few other Fretboard businesses will also be exhibiting , so hope they will add to the posting in due course
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Saw James at this year’s Bristol show, he was excellent as were the rest of the band
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14387
    tFB Trader
    tFB Trader
    Only a couple of days to go - clocks go back so at least I get an extra hour in bed before a long slog of a day - Come and say hi if you are there 
    tFB Trader

We are pleased to announce that Bernie Marsden's 1959 Sunburst Gibson Les Paul, known as "The Beast", will be at The London International Guitar Show on Sunday 29th October 10am to 4.00pm. Kempton Park Exhibition Centre, Sunbury-on-Thames, TW16 5AQ

This iconic guitar will be on the Burst Believers' stand which is hosted by author David Plues who has invited several of his friends who have contributed to the Burst Believers book series to bring along their treasured instruments for us all to view.

We have very fond memories of Bernie; he was a great supporter of David Plues and his Burst Believers books and he was a friend of our guitar shows. He played a sensational set and chatted all day with visitors at one of our North West Guitar Shows after we met him by chance and then spent a fun weekend with him at a guitar show in Texas several years ago.

The guitar, serial number 9 1914, is being brought to Sunday's show by Bernie's widow, Fran and her two daughters plus long-time friend of the family, John Rodgers.

There will be a collection for ‘The Trussell Trust’ food bank charity which Bernie and the Marsden family have always supported and there will be an opportunity to see the guitar close-up and have your photo taken alongside this famous Burst in exchange for a donation. There will also be hi-res A4 copies of the photo (below).

The London International Guitar Show 2023 will have a magnificent display of Bursts - Goldtops - ES - Fender etc. 

Burst Believers are situated upstairs at the end of the exhibition hall in a new dedicated area providing ample room and a relaxed setting. If you haven't seen a Burst up close come along, talk to the owners and meet some of the special guests.

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6738
    Anyone driving up from Brighton area?
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11637
    tFB Trader
    I’m not exhibiting this year , but will be attending and catching up with friends and industry colleagues 
    Do say Hi if you are there 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3301
    tFB Trader
    I'll be at Kempton, come and say hello if you're going.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 811
    edited October 2023
    Looking forward to this on Sunday. 

@jamesoliver1234 is playing which is always fun. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10895
    Neilybob said:

Yep it's a rollercoaster. Every two minutes he does something I've never heard anyone do before
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 811
    roberty said:
    Neilybob said:

Yep it's a rollercoaster. Every two minutes he does something I've never heard anyone do before
    I saw him in Jersey at the start of the month with an amazing harmonica player. I'm not even sure how James made some of those sounds! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Neilybob said:
    roberty said:
    Neilybob said:

I saw him in Jersey at the start of the month with an amazing harmonica player. I'm not even sure how James made some of those sounds! 
    Probably the vindaloo he had the night before!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5073
    Looking forward to this show and to catching up with you Mark, see ya later!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    tFB Trader
    No need for coffee today 
    good kiosk behind me
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5073
    No need for coffee today 
    good kiosk behind me
    Excellent, I’ll get one there too!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • AlunAlun Frets: 125
    Haven’t been to a guitar show in forever, since I stopped writing for magazines in fact. But will be going along today, looking forward to checking it out! 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4949
    Just about to head across - hope everyone remembered the clocks changed!
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    Good show - but I didn't uncover any bargains this year.  And yes, James Oliver is very talented and unpredictable.  Imagine Spike Milligan playing  guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14575
    Spike Milligan did play guitar. He spent several years as part of The Bill Hall Trio, between WW2 and getting on the radio.  :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Spike Milligan did play guitar. He spent several years as part of The Bill Hall Trio, between WW2 and getting on the radio.  :)
    It figures as he was obviously a performing artist and a hell of a lot of artists are multi talented. Music features heavily in their repertoire of their skills.