London-Kempton Guitar Show - Sunday 29th Oct - Plus James Oliver live on stage

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Strat54 said:
    I had two TMs several years ago and sold them for a lot less than that! I doubt those three will actually sell for that ticket price though - they were still all there towards the end of the show. The TVJunior replica/fake in the pic is a JXG. Yep as discussed on here John Gill who appears to have disappeared, allegedly with some people’s money and/or guitars. The JXG was a very lightweight guitar and pretty well built overall, apart from the fact that the rear of the neck felt like it had some areas that were slightly flat rather than rounded.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14628
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    I had two TMs several years ago and sold them for a lot less than that! I doubt those three will actually sell for that ticket price though - they were still all there towards the end of the show. The TVJunior replica/fake in the pic is a JXG. Yep as discussed on here John Gill who appears to have disappeared, allegedly with some people’s money and/or guitars. The JXG was a very lightweight guitar and pretty well built overall, apart from the fact that the rear of the neck felt like it had some areas that were slightly flat rather than rounded.
    From that blog we had running on FB a few years ago, about Terry Morgan LP's - I had a customer contact me after finding that link via a google search for Terry Morgan - He was looking at buying one that is currently for sale in the USA - Think around 13/14K - He wanted some additional info 

Not sure I know John Gill - I think you said he was in the NE - I know John/Jon Coleman who has/had an involvement with vintage guitars and refurbishment etc 
  • Strat54 said:
    Not sure I know John Gill - I think you said he was in the NE - I know John/Jon Coleman who has/had an involvement with vintage guitars and refurbishment etc 
    John Xavier Gill was indeed in Newcastle and ran JXG guitars, which at one point was well established and well regarded.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6813
    Spike Milligan did play guitar. He spent several years as part of The Bill Hall Trio, between WW2 and getting on the radio.  :)
    And a fine trumpeter.